[ANSWERED]: KPL not responding?

Posted on
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:33 pm
dlleon offline

[ANSWERED]: KPL not responding?

I had three Insteon regular switches replaced with 8 button KPLs. They're running firmware 43, 44 and C0 (i2cs) Two of the three have loads connected, one of the three has no load.

I'm getting intermittent errors such as this now:

Error "multi left (outdoor planter lights)" off; send failed (no acknowledgment)

I get this error on all three units, though I can't seem to replicate what's causing them. I've also noticed some long delays.

Can the KPLs interfere with one another? Is there something specific that I should be looking for?

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KPL not responding?

Are there a lot of commands (from Indigo via the PowerLinc or from other INSTEON modules) that are being sent around that time? Copy/paste bigger snippets of the Event Log so we can get a better idea of what is occurring.

Also try plugging the PowerLinc into different outlets (on different circuits) via an extension cord (just for quick troubleshooting). Try a bunch and see if the KeypadLincs are more reliable with a different signal path. If they are, then the problem is power line noise or a signal coverage issue.

Page 1 of 1