[ANSWERED]: Change hidden door sensor back to just group 1?

Posted on
Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:36 am
416to305 offline

[ANSWERED]: Change hidden door sensor back to just group 1?

I moved from ISY where I had some hidden door sensors set to using 2 groups, or 2 devices, Sensor Open and Sensor Closed. If the door is closed then sensor open is off and sensor closed is on, and vice versa when it reverses, allowing things like a fan to turn on only when the door is closed via scene. I've switched it all to Indigo and factory reset the devices like 10 times but they aren't working properly. They add as just 1 device, but the status is always On. If I view the log and open the door, it says "Door Sensor Group 1 - On" and if I close it it says "Door Sensor Group 2 - On" and never off, so seems like it still is in 2 device mode even though Indigo only lists it once. I don't see any option in the settings to change it back as it's a software feature and I do not have the ISY anymore. I tried adding it to my Insteon hub but there's no option there to change it. How do I set it back to 1 device mode like the other sensors I own?

Posted on
Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:00 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How do I change a hidden door sensor back to just group

Try using the Interfaces->INSTEON->Execute Raw INSTEON Command... menu item with the values:

Command 1 Byte: 0x20
Command 2 Byte: 0x05
Send extended Message: checkbox enabled
D1 to D14 Bytes: 0x00 (default, so just don't change)

Note you'll have to make sure the hidden sensor is awake before you send the command. I don't recall the steps for that, but I believe it will be in the manual. If you can get the LED to stay on or blink, then it should be awake.

Page 1 of 1