[ANSWERED]: Exclude devices no longer have from a Z-stick

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:57 pm
Turribeach offline

[ANSWERED]: Exclude devices no longer have from a Z-stick

Hi, I have some Z-Wave devices that I tried to add to Indigo using a Z-Stick but did not work due to compatibility issues. Unfortunately I was too newbie at that time and I returned the devices without excluding them from the Z-Stick. Is there any way to exclude them now without resetting the Z-Stick and re-adding all the existing Z-Wave devices? I get this error when my Indigo starts:

Code: Select all
Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 009 - Routing Slave
Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 010 - Routing Slave
Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 011 - Routing Slave

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 pm
howartp offline

Re: How to exclude devices no longer have from a Z-stick

Yes - there's a menu command something like Interfaces > Zwave > Remove missing/failed devices. (?)

If that doesn't work, create a temporary device using the entry for the device you no longer have - it will obviously fail to sync.

Then try the menu command again.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:18 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Exclude devices no longer have from a Z-stic

Hi howartp, thanks for the tip, indeed I was able to remove the said devices by using the "Remove Failed Modules from Controller" option but only after I added a dummy device for for them. Any ideas why they are called "modules" in this context but "devices" everywhere else in Indigo? Seems like an inconsistency.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm
howartp offline

Modules is the Zwave name for them; removing failed modules from the stick is a Zwave process, not an Indigo one.

They are represented as devices in Indigo once you've defined and sync'd a Zwave module using the zstick.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 pm
Turribeach offline

Makes sense, thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 1