[ANSWERED]: Aeotec Multisensor Gen5

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:41 pm
Stoutjesdijk offline

[ANSWERED]: Aeotec Multisensor Gen5

Hi,

I have a few multisensors 5th generation. They work ok, but is it possible to set up these devices so that movement is triggered only when below a certain light level? I would like to do that in the device itself, so I can use association to control lights.

If this is not possible, is there a good way to get the same results using Indigo? The whole setup should be as responsive as possible.

Best regards,

Mark

Trying to tie it all together...
| Indigo | Plex | NAD M33 | Unifi | LG WebOS | Tado | Sonos | SolarEdge | HUE |

Posted on
Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec Multisensor Gen5

I don't believe any multisensor modules support that type of sophisticated conditionals.

Instead, I would recommend using Indigo Triggers. You will Trigger using the Device State Changed type for the motion device, then you can add a conditional (next tab panel) that looks at the sensor value for the Luminance device.

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:54 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Aeotec Multisensor Gen5

I am doing something similar. Be warned though, the update on the luminance doesn't always happen intermediately after the light goes on so your triggers may need to have some delay to make sure the luminance is updated with the new value after the light is switched off or on.

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am
howartp offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Aeotec Multisensor Gen5

Turribeach wrote:
Be warned though, the update on the luminance doesn't always happen intermediately after the light goes on

With the Fibaro sensors, this delay is configurable which helps when using the luminance as a condition - I guess these do as well?

You can set both a regular interval for luminance update (ie every minute, every 30 seconds, every 5 minutes, etc) and also what change-in-luminance forces an immediate update - in my Kitchen, turning on the fluorescent lights forces an update of the luminance value because the sensor detects that the luminance has changed by more than 50 lux.

Page 1 of 1