Determining physical/wall switch state for dimmer module

Posted on
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 am
gregconnors offline

Determining physical/wall switch state for dimmer module

Hello All.

I posted this previously in the Supported Hardware forum/Outlets and Inline Modules but it may not triggered normal 'unread/new' post status. So I'm posting here to see if that's different.

I've got a couple of these in-wall dimmers (Micro Smart Energy Illuminator (DSC19103)) connected to manual wall switches. I need the physical/wall switch to override any trigger or schedule I may have set up. Is there any way to detect if the physical/wall switch is on or off? I'm doing some crazy enabling/disabling of triggers to override motion sensors so they try to honour the wall switch. I'm having difficulty with my logic to make this happen as expected.

If this dimmer can't do it, does anyone know of another z-wave dimmer/switch that will?

Thanks for any help,
Greg

Posted on
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
howartp offline

Re: Determining physical/wall switch state for dimmer module

I can't think of any dimmer/switch that will do this well.

What does this device show in the log when you switch manually? You might/should be able to have a trigger "'ZWave command received' from 'My_Dimmer': On" and same for off.

You can then maintain a single variable or virtual device 'on/off' based on receiving those commands, as long as they aren't also received when you send a command via indigo. (If so, you'll have to make a timer that you fire at the same time as making the change, to unset the variable after 5 seconds)

Then you can put simple if() conditions in your action groups etc based on if the switch is on/off.

Peter

Page 1 of 1