[Answered]: Dimmer Device Details Update Delay

Posted on
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:13 am
autolog offline

[Answered]: Dimmer Device Details Update Delay

Not sure if this is the correct forum for reporting what might be a bug in Indigo 6.0.14?

I am changing my Autolog LIFX plugin to use the SDK implementation for a dimmer device. I noticed that when I manually enter a value for the dimmer setting on the Device On/Off/Brightness Controls and then press enter, the physical LIFX lamp responds to the entered value but the the Device Details goes blank. It updates itself a variable number of seconds later (10 - 60+). When using the dimmer slider it updates straight away (unless done immediately after a manual change).

Obviously, my first thought was that I had a bug in my code (unlikely I know :D ). Just in case this wasn't the case, I thought I would check out a real device (Fibaro FGD211 dimmer) and it does the same thing. I have disabled my Plugin and restart the Indigo server and re-checked against the Fibaro dimmer and it still exhibits the same behaviour.
Last edited by autolog on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Dimmer Device Details Update Delay

Interesting – I haven't seen that problem before. What is really odd is if you "tab" out of the edit field instead of pressing enter then it does update correctly.

We'll look into it, and thanks for the bug report.

Page 1 of 1