Device Basic Usage or Feature Request?

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:20 am
whmoorejr offline

Device Basic Usage or Feature Request?

Is there a way to see what indigo services/functions/elements a device is associated with? i.e., what triggers, control pages or schedules?

If you have a device that you no longer use, you go to delete it, a box will pop up with all the associated devices, triggers, schedules and control pages that are associated with that device.

Ideally, IMO, that association information would always be present on the bottom of the GUI whenever a device is selected.

I'm in need of doing some database house cleaning as I have countless experiment device/triggers/control pages and variables throughout that need to be updated, consolidated or deleted. So I was wondering if I missed something, if there is a python script that can dump that info into a log, a plugin, etc that can do it.... or am I asking for a feature request?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Device Basic Usage or Feature Request?

Right click the device and select Show Dependencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't show dependencies to plugins though - so if you are using a plugin supplied action or event, it will not show up in that list since the Indigo Server doesn't know about the connection (only the plugin itself does). We've got a task on the todo list to try to figure out some way to do it, but it's a pretty complex problem and it hasn't made it to the top of the list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:02 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Device Basic Usage or Feature Request?

jay (support) wrote:
Right click the device and select Show Dependencies..

Wow. All the times I've Right clicked to get a python reference or print the details to a log and I never.... ugh

Feature request: I need a facepalm emoji for the forums.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Page 1 of 1