HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Temp Reading is WAY off

Posted on
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:09 pm
ryanbuckner offline

HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Temp Reading is WAY off

I have a newly installed HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Z-Wave Plus Leak Sensor that is reporting a temperature in my basement of 30.1 C (86.2 F). Next to it I placed a an RFXCOM temp/humidity sensor reporting a temperature of 65.7 F.

It's cold in the basement. Cold. Has anyone else had issues with the temp readings on the HomeSeer?

Posted on
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:59 am
Dual offline

Re: HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Temp Reading is WAY off

ryanbuckner wrote:
Has anyone else had issues with the temp readings on the HomeSeer?

Mine are all accurate within a couple degrees. I have 15 here. I just checked them. One is reading a little high however it is under a main floor sink which has a water heater. One reads a little low however it is tucked in a corner in the basement under the sink where I expected near the other wall it would be cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Temp Reading is WAY off

UPDATE: I had been getting no ack for a few days for the tamper, leak, and temp Indigo device statuses.

I popped the lid off the device and pressed the buttons a few times to Re-Sync with indigo.

Magically, after a Re-Sync, the HS-LS100 started reporting the temperature in Fahrenheit (which I prefer) rather than Celsius, but still 20 degrees too high. After 24 hours, the temperature started reporting accurately. I'm not really sure what changed since my troubleshooting attempt was really just to get the device reconnected to Indigo.

Page 1 of 1