Are you upgrading to 2023.1?

Upgrading?

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:26 am
ryanbuckner offline

Are you upgrading to 2023.1?

Who's planning to upgrade to 2023.1? There are a few plugins I'm really going to miss if I decide to upgrade. Might wait it out for a bit.
Last edited by ryanbuckner on Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:57 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Are you upgrading to 2023.1?

Already did, both development and production machines.

What specific plugins are you missing? There's a few laggards that are being tested now. Pretty much anything else is unlikely to be updated at this point. Finding an alternative solution should be your priority. Just waiting isn't going to help at all.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:44 am
Colly offline

I’ve narrowed it down to just 1. Might be options to get it converted as per other thread. If not I can work on an alternative means and then upgrade.
In some ways it’s a good way to review plugins in use to see if there’s a better way of doing it and possibly with a smaller number of plugins in the end - less things to break in future.
My main concern is that @FlyingDiver doesn’t fly off as I’m quite reliant on his plugins

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:46 am
FlyingDiver offline

Colly wrote:
My main concern is that @FlyingDiver doesn’t fly off as I’m quite reliant on his plugins

At least all mine have open source licenses and are on GitHub. So someone else could take them over. :)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:48 am
Colly offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Colly wrote:

At least all mine have open source licenses and are on GitHub. So someone else could take them over. :)
Thanks Joe.
Good to have that reassurance.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 am
ryanbuckner offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Already did, both development and production machines.

What specific plugins are you missing? There's a few laggards that are being tested now. Pretty much anything else is unlikely to be updated at this point. Finding an alternative solution should be your priority. Just waiting isn't going to help at all.

The Nest and Ring plugins are probably the biggest, and it doesn't look like they will be upgraded because of the issues surrounding API support.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:02 am
autolog offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
The Nest and Ring plugins are probably the biggest, and it doesn't look like they will be upgraded because of the issues surrounding API support.

Nest devices can be accessed in Indigo via a Starling Hub and associated plugin, see: Starling Bridge

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:04 am
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:

I got rid of my Ring doorbell. Installed a Reolink instead that works with Security Spy.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:46 pm
ryanbuckner offline

autolog wrote:
ryanbuckner wrote:

Nest devices can be accessed in Indigo via a Starling Hub and associated plugin, see: Starling Bridge

I was hoping not to add yet another hub, but I guess that's the direction I'll have to go.

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:08 am
Turribeach offline

FlyingDiver wrote:

Alexa-Hue Bridge, Tivo Network Remote, uniFiAP and UPS Battery and Monitor. From those 4 the one I miss the most is the Alexa-Hue Bridge. I know there is built-in Alexa support now but I wasn't aware that it required setting up the Reflector which I am not keen in doing since I want offline operation. Obviously I know that with Alexa there is no offline operation but still I prefer it to have no third party in the middle of my Alexa actions.

I spent some time on the Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin last night and I got it half working now. I still get few errors but I can turn things devices on/off even though Alexa says it's not responding. Maybe we can team up to update few other plugins if we have any of them in common? There is a lot of info on the web about Python 2 to 3 issues so it's usually not hard to find a solution.

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:15 am
FlyingDiver offline

Turribeach wrote:
Alexa-Hue Bridge, Tivo Network Remote, uniFiAP and UPS Battery and Monitor.

The UnifiAP plugin in the store is updated.

The store entry for UPS Battery and Monitor has an old version, but the author's GitHub repository has an updated version (which I provided to him). He just never rolled an actual release for the store. You can get it from https://github.com/bschollnick/Indigo-U ... master.zip

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:16 am
Turribeach offline

Great, thanks Joe!

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:03 am
neilk offline

That is me done now, the last yellow dot was the old Honeywell plugin, and my new Evohome plugin covers that gap, but unfortunately just for Evohome users.

Neil

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:29 am
CliveS offline

Just updated my vote from Not Sure to Yes thanks to Neil and the last yellow dot on Honeywell went green with its replacement Evohome :D

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:18 pm
ryanbuckner offline

CliveS wrote:
Just updated my vote from Not Sure to Yes thanks to Neil and the last yellow dot on Honeywell went green with its replacement Evohome :D

Me too!