Reinstall Indigo after Nuke & Pave?

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:29 pm
gadgetnut offline

Reinstall Indigo after Nuke & Pave?

Hi, all. One of my Indigo installations is quite large, with hundreds of devices, and a database built and added to since 2012.

Mac Mini (2018 Intel)
16GB/250GB SSD
macOS 13.5.1
Indigo 2022.2.2

Indigo has experienced a number of anomalies (one of them has required frequent restarts of the Mac Mini and was discussed here.) Problems with other apps as well as anomalies in macOS cause me to consider reformatting the internal drive, reinstalling macOS, doing a fresh install of Indigo, then importing the existing database.

A couple questions, please.

1.) I will clone the Mac Mini's hard drive prior to reformatting but is there anything more than the current active Indigo database that I need to preserve in order to restore normal, complete operation after a reformat and fresh install? I confirmed the current database by Command-clicking in the center of the Indigo Title Bar and followed this path: Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Perceptive Automation>Indigo 2022.2>Databases.

2.) We are relying on Indigo triggering Python 3 commands. After a reformat, fresh macOS, fresh Indigo installation... will everything we need be installed (particularly concerning Python 3) automatically such that all we need to is copy the existing database to the above folder?

3.) Will reformatting and reinstalling likely require a reset the Reflector activation?

4.) Any other concerns or advice?

Thank you.

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reinstall Indigo after Nuke & Pave?

gadgetnut wrote:
1.) I will clone the Mac Mini's hard drive prior to reformatting but is there anything more than the current active Indigo database that I need to preserve in order to restore normal, complete operation after a reformat and fresh install? I confirmed the current database by Command-clicking in the center of the Indigo Title Bar and followed this path: Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Perceptive Automation>Indigo 2022.2>Databases.

You should follow the advise in the docs about backing up. Then follow the directions in the moving Indigo to another Mac section of the docs using the folder you backed as the source.

gadgetnut wrote:
2.) We are relying on Indigo triggering Python 3 commands. After a reformat, fresh macOS, fresh Indigo installation... will everything we need be installed (particularly concerning Python 3) automatically such that all we need to is copy the existing database to the above folder?

Indigo installs Python 3 as part of the install, so after you follow the directions above it will be installed.

gadgetnut wrote:
3.) Will reformatting and reinstalling likely require a reset the Reflector activation?

Not if you follow the directions above.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:22 pm
gadgetnut offline

Re: Reinstall Indigo after Nuke & Pave?

Very good, thank you, Jay. :D

Page 1 of 1