Slow after upgrade to 2020.2

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:35 am
dnederlo offline

Slow after upgrade to 2020.2

After upgrading from 2022.1 to 2022.2 I noticed all actions via the server are executed a bit slow, sometimes upto two seconds. Most of the time not an issue, but no lights on after opening a door in the dark.....

I tried updating the MacOS, but that caused a full failure of indigo. This was resolved by reinstalling the update, but the time delay still exists.

Running macOS High Sierra on a Macmini of 2014, with about 100 Z-wave devices and a quite a bit of triggers and schedules.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:51 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Slow after upgrade to 2020.2

We haven't had any other reports of slow actions, though there was one report of control pages loading slowly (which was resolved by an Indigo Server restart).

So every time Indigo tries to control a device there is a delay? Even interactively from the Mac client app? Any errors in the Event Log window?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:34 am
dnederlo offline

Re: Slow after upgrade to 2022.2

Hi,

Nothing special in the Event Log. Haven't got much time to further investigate. First thing I will do is checking the network, because I have an EasyDAC Relay card connected. Keep you posted

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:30 pm
dnederlo offline

Hmm,

Upgrade to 2023.1 did not help. Delays are random, monitoring the event log did not help either.
So, the MacMini being ancient, I invested in a new Mini M2. But now I have a different topic, the Z-Wave stick cannot be connected, because the USBmodem1411 does not show in the local serial port menu.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dick

Posted on
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you try different USB ports / adapters, closing and re-opening the Z-Wave configuration dialog after changing to see if a new serial port shows up?

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:09 am
dnederlo offline

Hi,

I found a usable USB-port. But the next challenge popped up, The Mini is running Indigo and the local server. Connecting remote via MacBook works fine. Via iPad gives me the following: "Reflector Connection Down, The reflector connection between your Indigo Server and indigodom.net is not currently up..Check your Mac network connectivity and try restarting the Indigo Server".
Tried several options, like resetting reflector, checking Firewall off, manually new connections etc. No joy yet.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Stop and restart the Indigo Server, wait a couple of minutes, then copy/paste the Event Log window's entire contents into a reply (or send via email) so we can see what is happening.

Page 1 of 1