Upgrading to 2022_2_2 FROM 7.4

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:23 pm
gregtee offline

Upgrading to 2022_2_2 FROM 7.4

Hello all,

It's been a very long time since I've upgraded as everything was working just fine, but I figure it's time to get up to date and upgrade. I've downloaded the install, however I saw a notification that the database would be rebuilt and no longer available to the older version. This made me a little nervous so I wanted to know if there's anything I should be aware of in addition to this should I run the install. Also, what's the name of the database so I can make a backup just in case I have issues. I'd hate to have to rebuild all my automations if something doesn't go smoothly.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:39 pm
gregtee offline

Re: Upgrading to 2022_2_2 FROM 7.4

Found the database, made a backup, ran the install, seems to be working just great,

thanks

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:59 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading to 2022_2_2 FROM 7.4

Indigo actually automatically makes a new copy of the database when it upgrades it. The older version should still be in the existing location, so reverting to the older version of Indigo is just a matter of stopping the Indigo Server, quitting the Indigo client, and then starting the version you want to run. The warning you saw is explaining that any changes made in the newer version of Indigo won't be available/compatible with the older version. So if you revert to the older version you'll also revert back to the older database version.

Page 1 of 1