Upgraded 2022.1 > 2022.2 - Indigo Touch not working

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:15 pm
Turribeach offline

Upgraded 2022.1 > 2022.2 - Indigo Touch not working

So I upgraded from 2022.1 to 2022.2 and Indigo Touch stopped to work. I don't use the reflector and didn't change any other configuration. I did read that 2022.2 includes a full rewrite of the Indigo Web Server (IWS) so clearly this is something that got changed. I didn't have time to troubleshoot much, I did check that I couldn't reach Indigo on my custom Web Server port (http://localhost:1234/). I tried stopping 2022.2 and ran 2022.1 which it told me I couldn't open the database file as it was a newer version. No problem I said, I will restore it from Time Machine. I did the restore and I almost went into panic mode when 2022.1 opened with the Demo database. This is very confusing since the logs load all my plugins but the list of devices, triggers, etc is not from my database. I figured that Indigo 2022.1 must have decided to open the sample database as it couldn't open mine on my first try. I don't think this is a good idea, Indigo shouldn't switch to the demo datbase just because it can't open the last known database. Anyway I reopened my restored database and everything is back to normal.

How do I troubleshoot the issue with the IWS? My expectation despite the full rewrite was that everything was going to work normaly, is this an incorrect assumption?
Thanks

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded 2022.1 > 2022.2 - Indigo Touch not working

In most cases just launching the previous version of Indigo will work without a hitch. If you have your Indigo database file saved in a non-default location (Databases folder inside the Indigo version specific folder), then it gets more complicated as all versions of Indigo will be pointing to the same database file. Indigo saves off a copy of the database when this happens (in the Databases (old) folder) and logs what it is doing in the Event Log, but the older versions of Indigo automatically be able to find it as you noticed.

Regarding Indigo web server not working in 2022.2, please re-start that version of Indigo and then copy/paste the Event Log window contents so we can see specifically what is happening.

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:50 am
Turribeach offline

Re: Upgraded 2022.1 > 2022.2 - Indigo Touch not working

Happy to say that I have now upgraded to 2023.1 and saw no issues woth the Indigo Web Server (IWS) and Indigo Touch and everything worked as before.

Page 1 of 1