Problems firing up Indigo after 3 year hiatus

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:26 pm
Japple55 offline

Problems firing up Indigo after 3 year hiatus

Hello all,
Sold our FL house in 2019 and shut down Indigo 7.2 that was running great on a 2012 MacMini, and haven't been frequenting these forums since. I have kept my Indigo subscription current since I always intended to come back. Fast forward 3 years: moved to TN, bought a house, fired up Indigo and noticed a lot has changed. (especially pleased to see Alexa support is now built-in!) I upgraded the OS to Catalina, installed the latest version of Indigo 2022 and started firing up my devices. I'm using the same Aeotec Gen5 Zstick and Indigo has so far recognized my AC powered devices like GE Outdoor modules and Wall Plugs (haven't tried the switches or receptacles yet), but I've not been so lucky with the battery-powered sensors ((mostly Ecolink motion and Monoprice door sensors). With fresh batteries, I'm getting about a 50% success rate with those. When I try the exclude/include process, Indigo tells me another device with that node number already exists. I delete the device and try to add it back in as new (using the Wave>Start Inclusion menu items) but I keep getting the "failed to assign return route" error, and a few others I can't recall now (not in front of the Mini at the moment). I should note this is all taking place within 3 or 4 feet of the Zstick so it shouldn't be a signal strength issue. Short of starting from scratch with my spare Zstick, I'm out of ideas.

I'm poring over the forums now for troubleshooting hints but thought in the meantime I would ask if there are any MacOS/Indigo/Driver/firmware issues with my configuration that I might not be aware of? Does the Catalina upgrade require any new drivers for the Aeotec Zstick to operate properly? I've checked on the Aeotec site but can't find any firmware info. BTW, the mini is a dedicated Indigo server so I would have no problem reverting back to an earlier MacOS version if that might resolve the issues.

I've also noticed AppleScript is no more so those triggers/actions will need some attention (python?) but my priority is just getting all of my devices working properly.

Any idea/comments would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Jim

Posted on
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Problems firing up Indigo after 3 year hiatus

I have Indigo 2022.1 running on a 2012 MBP on Catalina (OS has all the available updates) and an Aeon Gen 5 stick (original firmware) and have zero problems. I suspect it's something else.

When you say you're deleting the device, I assume that you're doing that in Indigo. You also need to exclude the device using the Z-Stick if you're going to add it back as new.

Another possibility is a range issue. You may not have established enough solid routes back to the controller for all your devices. Don't forget that Z-Wave is line-of-sight, so there's other things that could be affecting it (like wall materials, etc.) Try moving the battery-powered devices closer to the Z-Stick and see if that helps.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 am
Japple55 offline

Thanks, Dave, and yes, I’ve been deleting from the stick too. The devices are only a couple of feet away but I’ll experiment with the proximity.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It sounds like the modules are going to sleep (since they are battery operated) before Indigo can complete the sync process. Unfortunately, modules have different steps to keep them in awake mode (check the manuals to see if they have details). Some stay awake for a minute or so after the batteries are removed/re-inserted, others have a button process (like triple tap) to keep them awake, some stay awake a minute or so after inclusion, and others don't have a way to force them awake at all so you have to just periodically press the button on it (or somehow trip it) every second or so until the sync process gets going.

Posted on
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:04 am
Japple55 offline

Thanks, Matt, makes sense. I’ll look into that.

Page 1 of 1