Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

Different Computers wrote:
The plugin store status of plugins is apparently not so reliable.

It's very reliable if the plugin came from the plugin store (and the developer has put the update into the store). The problem is that some of these older plugins were never in the store to begin with, so Indigo can't help more than identify that it's using an old version of the API.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

farberm wrote:
Matt - do you have any intention of upgrading those plugins that have been abandoned by the developer to help those of us still using them to maintain our systems in a compatible configuration.....

As others have said, we are working with our 3rd party developers to try to get as many of the abandoned plugins updated as we can. They are working on them mostly based on demand - those that have more users requesting upgrades have been done first. It would be completely impossible for just Matt & I to update these plugins by ourselves - nothing else would get done (we still have some critical built-in functionality to get upgraded along with new features that everyone expects to accompany a feature release). But our 3rd party devs have done a fantastic job of getting them done thus far.

As was posted, if you post a list of plugins that you would like to see updated, then the community can look at them to see if it's feasible to update the plugin, identify if there is an alternative plugin, or if scripts would do the job.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:46 pm
howartp offline

farberm wrote:
Variable Devices

Oops, that ones mine.

I can't remember if i've done it and not uploaded it, or not done it yet.

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:43 pm
howartp offline

howartp wrote:
farberm wrote:
Variable Devices

Oops, that ones mine.

I can't remember if i've done it and not uploaded it, or not done it yet.

Apologies, this one is done but the py2 version never hit the pluginstore so I never posted the py3 update.

It will be at https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/269/ when Jay approves it.

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Approved.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:33 pm
Londonmark offline

A plea again for Sonos.

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:31 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Londonmark wrote:
A plea again for Sonos.

See viewtopic.php?f=142&t=26372

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:36 pm
Different Computers offline

Just finished my migration, and it went **waaaaay** more smoothly than I feared it might.

Here's the updated list of things that I use that as of now aren't going to be compatible with the next version:

8 Channel Network Relay (This is my garage door opener.)
EPS - Device Extensions Would be awesome if this could work with HomeKit Link instead of HKB!
Nanoleaf (this is in development)
Online Sensor (confused about this status)
Plex Media Server Manager
Roku Network Remote
Yamaha RX Receiver

As before, Bold items are very important. Italic items not very important. Plain text is in between.

Amazing that so few plugins aren't done. Thanks very much to all developers!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Colly offline

Different Computers wrote:
Just finished my migration, and it went **waaaaay** more smoothly than I feared it might.

Here's the updated list of things that I use that as of now aren't going to be compatible with the next version:

8 Channel Network Relay (This is my garage door opener.)

Hi DC, this plugin is working fine for me in 2022.1 and doing the same job with my garage door. :D

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colly wrote:
Hi DC, this plugin is working fine for me in 2022.1 and doing the same job with my garage door. :D

The issue is whether it will work in 2022.2, which won't support Python2 anymore.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:11 pm
Colly offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Colly wrote:

The issue is whether it will work in 2022.2, which won't support Python2 anymore.

My mistake.. Read the heading as 2022.x.x so was responding as my version covered it :)

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:40 pm
anitchalk offline

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but I Was hoping if someone could tell me if this migration path was ok to indigo 2022.1. I don't quite have time to migrate my personal plugins to python 3 quite yet, but need to migrate to monterey sooner than later.

I'm currently on big sur (intel) with indigo 2021.1. All my plugins are py2.
If I install indigo 2022.2 (right now.. .on big sur), my understanding is that it will install a python 2 runtime and my plugins will be just fine. Then if I upgrade to monterey, no problems? Everything should just work? And then of course i should DEFINITELY upgrade my plugins to py3 asap! :D

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:30 am
eme jota ce offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Might help if you listed the specific plugins that you're concerned about. There's no way ALL the old plugins in the store (or other sources) will get updated.

I still use the Survey plugin.

Seems to help keep the Indigo system running smoothly and responsively by showing which Insteon and Z-wave modules would benefit from optimizing or re-syncing.

Beyond my limited capability, but would be nice (not crucial) if someone were willing to update it, or someone would let me know if there's a better tool that will continue to work in Indigo.

Otherwise, I'll continue to hope Matter / Thread materialize approximately close to the hype, as I slowly replace Insteon devices while trying to resurrect 2413U's.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:15 am
farberm offline

Newbie with respect to python...

I am curious... I see that there is an automated 2to3 python converter.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/2to3.html

Maybe this is too naive on my part but can we just use the conveter to upgrade the folders for the plugins that are not updated yet or does that generally not work and requires alot more effort?

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:59 am
FlyingDiver offline

farberm wrote:
Newbie with respect to python...

I am curious... I see that there is an automated 2to3 python converter.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/2to3.html

Maybe this is too naive on my part but can we just use the conveter to upgrade the folders for the plugins that are not updated yet or does that generally not work and requires alot more effort?

Thatmay work for some very simple plugins. But many (most?) plugins use external libraries that also need to be updated, and many of those made significant changes in their Python3 versions (like using asyncio).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)