Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:23 pm
Vig offline

Re: Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

CliveS wrote:
Vig wrote:
I modified the code in SimpleSerial plugin, I think it should be python3 compatible.. how do I check if it works with 2022.2?

I had the same question and the answer was, to quote my good friend @autolog .

All scripts in Indigo 2022.1+ now use Python 3.
Internally, within a plugin, there is an info.plist file that contains a field (ServerApiVersion) that determines what Python version the plugin requires. If this API version is specified as 3.0 (or greaterin the future) it will use Python 3, otherwise (for the moment) Python2. Python 2 will be deprecated and|or not supported in Indigo 2022.2+.

Have a look at [url]
viewtopic.php?f=365&t=26083
[/url]

Thanks CliveS, I was able to test the plugin. Doesn't seem to generate any errors with the obvious python3 syntax changes I made but unfortunately it didn't work. Something to do with the threads being prematurely closed.. Oh well..

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:22 am
yassi offline

DaveL17 wrote:
@blauhaus -- shoot me a DM and I'll share a link to a beta of the Pioneer Receiver plugin that's been updated for Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3.
I‘m using the Pioneer plugin as well, the plugin is the reason I am still with 2021.x (I have a VSX-528 receiver).
Dave, would you mind to share the beta plugin? Should I DM you as well?
Thx in advance!

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:08 am
CliveS offline

Vig wrote:
Thanks CliveS, I was able to test the plugin. Doesn't seem to generate any errors with the obvious python3 syntax changes I made but unfortunately it didn't work. Something to do with the threads being prematurely closed.. Oh well..

Did you try using Python2to3 on it, https://python2to3.com
I successfully used that to convert the adapters plugin but it could not handle the Honeywell TRV plugin and I don't think @nlagaros has been seen since last May so not sure to move over to Shelly TRV (waiting on feedback from @autolog and @siclark who both have them) or just not upgrade to the next release.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:10 am
DaveL17 offline

yassi wrote:
Dave, would you mind to share the beta plugin?

DM sent.
Last edited by DaveL17 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:02 am
Vig offline

CliveS wrote:
Vig wrote:

I successfully used that to convert the adapters plugin but it could not handle the Honeywell TRV plugin and I don't think @nlagaros has been seen since last May so not sure to move over to Shelly TRV (waiting on feedback from @autolog and @siclark who both have them) or just not upgrade to the next release.

Thanks CliveS, no luck though, it didn't even catch "string.replace" new syntax. I will keep digging on my spare time.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:28 am
Vig offline

Vig wrote:
CliveS wrote:
Vig wrote:

Thanks CliveS, no luck though, it didn't even catch "string.replace" new syntax. I will keep digging on my spare time.

I was finally able to get SimpleSerial working with python3. Upgraded the system to MacOS 13.1 and all worked as intended.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:05 pm
siclark offline

CliveS wrote:
Vig wrote:

The Shelly ones seem to be significantly better then the zwave ones we've been using for a while. The USB C rechargeable battery seems to have more power than the AA powered zwave ones and they respond faster.
There is already one plugin that can control them and the Shelly MQTT one should hopefully soon too. Plus it's got MQTT built in so basics can be done without a plugin.
But I imagine the native experience of Honetwell Evohome is better than Shelly's app?

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:31 pm
CliveS offline

siclark wrote:

There is already one plugin that can control them and the Shelly MQTT one should hopefully soon too. Plus it's got MQTT built in so basics can be done without a plugin.
But I imagine the native experience of Honetwell Evohome is better than Shelly's app?

Evohome is fine but one TRV is playing up and being a cloud based system the EU server can go down for hours, sometimes longer. Spoke to Jon (@autolog) last night about Shelly and I think I will order one to play with when I get back from Oz next week.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:24 pm
siclark offline

Jumping on the bandwagon but if anyone in the UK fancies helping on the iTravel plug-in it would be appreciated . I had managed to keep it working until recently with my basic python but it’s now broken and migrating to 3 is beyond me.
Wasn’t a priority the last few years as we were all at home but as we commute more now bringing train status into the house automation is once again useful.

Posted on
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:21 am
neilk offline

I will take a look and also I need the Honeywell plugin as well, that will be the last one for me as a barrier to future upgrades

Posted on
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:29 am
CliveS offline

neilk wrote:
I will take a look and also I need the Honeywell plugin as well, that will be the last one for me as a barrier to future upgrades

Yes also hoping Honeywell Evohome will be updated but I don't hold out much hope, may have to look into Shelly TRV or just stick with this version of Indigo.

CliveS

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:29 pm
hamw offline

Hi Vig,

Thanks for your work on the plugin. However, for some reason it is not finding my Keyspan serial port.... Prior to the upgrade to Ventura the keyspan was working fine. I have upgraded the Keyspan Driver and the FTDI driver for Ventura.

Code: Select all
Started plugin "GhostXML 2022.1.1"
   Started plugin "NOAA Weather Plus 1.1.19"
   Started plugin "Survey Plugin 2.2.2"
   Started plugin "Simple Serial 1.0.1"
   Simple Serial Debug             <<-- entering deviceStartComm, Device: Vaux Simple Serial Python; ID=775789076, Type=simpleSerialCommunicator
   Simple Serial Debug             Serial Port Name is /dev/cu.USA19H14114P1.1
   Simple Serial Debug             Serial Port Baud Rate is 38400
   Simple Serial Debug             Serial Port Parity is N
   Simple Serial Debug             Serial Port Data Bits are 8
   Simple Serial Debug             Serial Port Stops Bits are 1
   Simple Serial Error             "Vaux Simple Serial Python" serial port open error: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/cu.USA19H14114P1.1: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.USA19H14114P1.1'
   Simple Serial Error             make sure the USB virtual serial port driver (ex: FTDI driver) is installed and correct port is selected
   Simple Serial                   Error initializing communciations with serial device Vaux Simple Serial Python
   Simple Serial Debug             exiting deviceStartComm -->>

/dev/tty.BLTH            /dev/ttysd
/dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port   /dev/ttyse
/dev/tty.serial-1000010DE      <----  Keyspan usb-serial
/dev/tty.usbmodem1414401      <---- Z-Wave interface
/dev/tty.usbserial-03VGC6FK   <---- RFX device
/dev/tty.usbserial-A906XN8G   <---- USB modem.
/dev/tty.usbserial-DJ009EZL        <---- AD2USB

I ran the list again looking for USB only...

/bin/ls /dev/cu.usb*
/dev/cu.usbmodem1414401      
/dev/cu.usbserial-8
/dev/cu.usbserial-03VGC6FK   
/dev/cu.usbserial-A906XN8G
/dev/cu.usbserial-5      
/dev/cu.usbserial-DJ009EZL
/dev/cu.usbserial-7

And it does not show up?

Is it possible to specify a device? how would I get it to read correctly?

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:13 pm
Vig offline

Hi Ham,
I don't believe it's a plugin issue. I don't think USA19H has a compatible chipset driver that works with Ventura. I had one and had to toss it when I upgraded to BigSur since it stopped working. Instead I got this one below and it works as intended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P24ZQ1B
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.09.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.09.48 PM.png (150.48 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.10.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 10.10.41 PM.png (140.71 KiB) Viewed 1955 times

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:40 pm
hamw offline

ok thanks! I figured the same thing but bought a StarTech adapter instead. It does not seem to read that either.

Did you need to add a new driver set? I did upload the FTDI...

I'll order one of the ones you suggest.
Last edited by hamw on Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:04 pm
Vig offline

Yes, I believe I had to install their driver. The driver comes on the disk or you can download it here

https://www.gearmo.com/shop/4-port-usb- ... ndicators/

The driver/version is FTDIUSBSerialDextInstaller_1_4_7