Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:33 pm
Londonmark offline

Re: Newer version of Indigo 2022.x.x

The other plug-in I find really helpful is super conditions. Feel the ability to have actions so things if something is true or else do something else should be core functionality of Indigo. This gives that capability.

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:33 pm
Different Computers offline

anitchalk wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but I Was hoping if someone could tell me if this migration path was ok to indigo 2022.1. I don't quite have time to migrate my personal plugins to python 3 quite yet, but need to migrate to monterey sooner than later.

I'm currently on big sur (intel) with indigo 2021.1. All my plugins are py2.
If I install indigo 2022.2 (right now.. .on big sur), my understanding is that it will install a python 2 runtime and my plugins will be just fine. Then if I upgrade to monterey, no problems? Everything should just work? And then of course i should DEFINITELY upgrade my plugins to py3 asap! :D

I didn’t see anyone answer you. Yes, you are correct—for now and for v 2022.1. The Big Challenge for end users comes with 2022.2, not released yet.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:11 am
hamw offline

Is it possible to upgrade:

Simple Serial
RFXCom
Phidgets
Autelis Jandy

These are critical to my HA.

Flying Diver, I know you have written a substitute for SimpleSerial, but I have that scattered across my system. Would require a lot of changes.

Could some one take a look at these? I can email the plugins ... pls PM me or send email to hamw at Comcast . net
Last edited by hamw on Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:04 pm
Korey offline

RFXcom has been updated to Python 3

I use Autelis Jandy in my system. I bet we are the only 2!

It would be nice to have it upgraded to Python 3, it will be the one that holds me back from upgrading further. :cry:

Well that and the rain machine plugin..

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:25 am
GlennNZ offline

RFXCOM is here

https://github.com/Ghawken/rfxcom-plugin/tree/Python3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:50 am
blauhaus offline

Late-adopter here. I converted to Indigo 2022.1 yesterday, which went well; some Python scripts to check. About 3/4 of the plugins that I use are upgraded, so thanks to Matt, Jay, FlyingDiver, and plugin developers for the work!

Of the remaining, there are 2 golden-oldie plugins that I would hope could be upgraded. I'm not sure if either of the original developers are still active on Indigo.
--PioneerReceiver, com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.PioneerReceiver
--Security Camera, Bert Martin

Any other users still using either of these?

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:10 am
DaveL17 offline

Nathan has left the fold, and has moved the Pioneer Receiver plugin to the Indigo Open Source repository. I can't provide support for the plugin (I don't have a Pioneer receiver so I don't use the plugin), but I'm taking a look at what would be required to update it to Python 3 now.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:43 am
DaveL17 offline

@blauhaus -- shoot me a DM and I'll share a link to a beta of the Pioneer Receiver plugin that's been updated for Indigo 2022.1 and Python 3.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:02 am
hamw offline

Dave,

Could you take a look at the Simple Serial plugin?

Would really appreciate it!

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:50 am
DaveL17 offline

I'm not making any promises, but I don't see the Simple Serial plugin in the Indigo Plugin Store or in the Indigo Open Source repository on GitHub.

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:49 pm
Vig offline

I am stuck with SimpleSerial plugin as well. The plugin has the python code in it, wouldn't it be possible to upload it to the GITHub?

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm
Vig offline

I modified the code in SimpleSerial plugin, I think it should be python3 compatible.. how do I check if it works with 2022.2?

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:42 am
CliveS offline

Vig wrote:
I modified the code in SimpleSerial plugin, I think it should be python3 compatible.. how do I check if it works with 2022.2?

I had the same question and the answer was, to quote my good friend @autolog .

All scripts in Indigo 2022.1+ now use Python 3.
Internally, within a plugin, there is an info.plist file that contains a field (ServerApiVersion) that determines what Python version the plugin requires. If this API version is specified as 3.0 (or greaterin the future) it will use Python 3, otherwise (for the moment) Python2. Python 2 will be deprecated and|or not supported in Indigo 2022.2+.

Have a look at [url]
viewtopic.php?f=365&t=26083
[/url]

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:17 am
FlyingDiver offline

Vig wrote:
I am stuck with SimpleSerial plugin as well. The plugin has the python code in it, wouldn't it be possible to upload it to the GITHub?

Depends on what license the original author attached to the code. Or if it's got copyright declarations in it. Uploading to GitHub without the developer's authorization would be copyright infringement.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:29 am
DaveL17 offline

Vig wrote:

In addition to the API value noted above, you need to try to run it against whatever version of Indigo you're trying to support. The API key `ServerApiVersion` triggers Indigo to run the plugin using Python 3, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's bug free. :)