What directory to store python scripts?

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 pm
dawson1331 offline

What directory to store python scripts?

I updated to the new 2022.1 release and for some reason I will have to re-link all of my actions to my python script files. Before I do, I would like to know where most people store their python scripts files? Years ago I stored them in the "scripts" directory. Later when I converted applescripts to python that I stored them in the python2-includes directory. Which is better? I don't want to go through the process of relinking my actions to the files any more. I have a lot.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: What directory to store python scripts?

If you select the Plugins->Show Scripts Folder menu item, it will open the following folder:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Scripts/

This is the best place to store external scripts (run from the Execute Script action). It is not within the specific installation directories, so the path to them won't change between Indigo releases.

The Python3-includes folder is used for shared python modules that are referenced from other scripts or plugins (it is included on the python module search path). See this article that discusses python packages.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 pm
dawson1331 offline

Re: What directory to store python scripts?

Thanks Jay. This makes sense. I will put my python scripts into the "scripts" directory.

Page 1 of 1