Need help with my python scripts - upgrading to 2022.1

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:11 pm
dawson1331 offline

Need help with my python scripts - upgrading to 2022.1

I just updated to the 2022.1 release. I did have to update my python scripts like the documentation described. My problems are not with programming but file paths and locations. I have corrected the syntax a file in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Python3-includes directory. When I reload the libraries or even restart the Indigo server and app the change is not recognized. It is picking another (version) of this file. I have tried deleting all files on my computer with that name and all .pyc files with that name. Where is this file coming from?

I may have deleted too much. I am now getting the message: " Error bookmark alias file path could not be resolved for file: xxx" where xxx is name of my python script. I get this for all of my scripts (maybe 50 of them). Where is are the bookmark alias's stored? How to I re-link them?

Thanks,

Bill

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Need help with my python scripts - upgrading to 2022.1

That's what's stored in the Indigo database. So you have references to external scripts that you deleted. You need to put the scripts back where they were originally, or open up all your action groups and point the "run script" actions to where they are now.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:20 pm
dawson1331 offline

Re: Need help with my python scripts - upgrading to 2022.1

Thanks FlyingDiver. I understand. My scripts were in Python2-includes. Most - but not all - scripts were moved to Python3-includes. The install script must have created and moved the scripts. I wonder if it changed the file paths in the database to point to this new location. This is going to take a long time to fix!

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Page 1 of 1