"Interface Disabled" on Indigo Touch on iPhone

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:05 pm
kennybroh offline

Re: "Interface Disabled" on Indigo Touch on iPhone

Bingo-- here's what I did. I set the timeout on the Mini screen to 5 minutes and just to make sure I didn't keep the screen on because of the screen sharing session I closed that. too. Shortly thereafter, the Interface Disabled messsages reappeared on the iPhone for the Insteon and X10 devices. The minute I reconnected with the Mini the errors disappeared. Just to make sure it had nothiung to do with Screen Sharing I left the connection open. I could see when the screen went blank (I turned off the screen saver) the error messages appeared in Indigo Touch and as soon as I clicked on the blank screen to wake it up they went away.

So we now know what triggeres this behavior but I have no idea why. \

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:07 pm
kennybroh offline

No, it's definitely not. THe only thing that's happening is the screen times out. I know this is the case because when it does actually go to sleep I have to enter a password, and in this situation I merely click anywhere on the screen and it is live. It's like a screen saver.

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Check your Event Log window. You'll likely see messages showing Indigo received an "about to go to sleep" notification from macOS. When Indigo receives that it has to disconnect the USB interfaces, regardless of if the Mac actually goes to sleep or not. When Indigo receives the wake message, it then reconnects. Point being, what are you sleep settings? If you have it trying to go to sleep when the display sleeps (regardless of if it actually does) you'll see the exact behavior you are describing.

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:29 pm
kennybroh offline

I'll check that but how does that square with the fact that it works fine from the same iPhone's Safari browser when Indigo Touch is not working?

Posted on
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:53 am
kennybroh offline

matt (support) wrote:
Check your Event Log window. You'll likely see messages showing Indigo received an "about to go to sleep" notification from macOS. When Indigo receives that it has to disconnect the USB interfaces, regardless of if the Mac actually goes to sleep or not. When Indigo receives the wake message, it then reconnects. Point being, what are you sleep settings? If you have it trying to go to sleep when the display sleeps (regardless of if it actually does) you'll see the exact behavior you are describing.

I didn't see any messages like that, but I did make one change which may have stopped this from happening. Again, I don't know why but perhaps you will.

I've never set up a reflector. I simply did a port forwarding on my router to the server machine for external access and it worked fine. But I wanted to begin to migrate from the Alexa Bridge workaround so i upgraded to 2021.1.2. That required me to set up a reflector, which I did, and so far I haven't had any further problems. We'll see what happens...