"Interface Disabled" on Indigo Touch on iPhone

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 am
kennybroh offline

"Interface Disabled" on Indigo Touch on iPhone

I've migrated my Indigo server to a new M-1 Mac Mini. The web pages and server work fine, but when I bring up Indigo Touch on my iPhone the Insteon Devices have a message in red saying "Interface Disabled". It works fine from the browser, and if I share the Mini screen on my MacBook Pro and click the device list, those messages disappear. But after f I close the Screen Sharing session it is only a matter of time before I get those messages again.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: "Interface Disabled" on Indigo Touch on iPhone

Sounds like you still have an Indigo server running on another Mac and Indigo Touch is connecting to that one. You’ll want to make sure the Server is shut down on the other Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 am
kennybroh offline

I had deactivated that license and I just shut the server down on the old machine and shut the machine down. I then stopped the server on the new machine and restarted it. I also killed Indigo Touch and reloaded it. As you can see the problem persists....
Attachments
disabled interface.jpeg
disabled interface.jpeg (202 KiB) Viewed 2058 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:50 am
kennybroh offline

And yet it works fine when I use the iPhone's browser to access the server....

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Delete all connections in Indigo touch, close the settings dialog, reopen it and reselect the server.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:06 pm
kennybroh offline

Nope. The server automatically populated, but I'm still seeing the red "Interface Disabled".

I might mention the disabled devices are all Insteon or X10 protocols. Others are working fine, e.g., Hue, MyQ garage door, Lutron, etc. Virtual devices seem to be OK as well.

I know the power line interface is working because everything responds from the browser interface and from the server.

I should also mention I am running 7.5 on an M1 Mac mini running Big Sur. Should I upgrade to one of the 2021_* releases?

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From your Mac choose the Indigo->Stop Server menu item, then try to connect on your iPhone. What happens?

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:28 pm
kennybroh offline

Tells me it cannot connect to the server....

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:37 pm
kennybroh offline

Interesting. So when I restarted the server again (which I've tried several times before), the error messages appeared on indigo touch initially but then went away. That's happened before but usually they reappear fairly quickly. This time they haven't so far.

I hate it when things just seem to resolve themselves for no reason.....

Stand by; we'll see if it has gone away. Like hiccups. I'm just waiting for it to start up again. (BTW, I do have a totally effective hiccup cure which has worked for years for my kids and wife.)

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:48 pm
kennybroh offline

OK, the world is operating as expected. The errors returned.

My iPhone's screen timed out and when I turned it back on (it wasn't locked yet) the interface disabled errors were there. I'm not sure how that would make a difference but I'm going to keep the screen on and see what happens and after a while I'll let it go off.

Stay tuned.

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:55 pm
ryanbuckner offline

kennybroh wrote:
Interesting. So when I restarted the server again (which I've tried several times before), the error messages appeared on indigo touch initially but then went away. That's happened before but usually they reappear fairly quickly. This time they haven't so far.

I hate it when things just seem to resolve themselves for no reason.....

Stand by; we'll see if it has gone away. Like hiccups. I'm just waiting for it to start up again. (BTW, I do have a totally effective hiccup cure which has worked for years for my kids and wife.)

Pease tell me that your hiccup cure is to calm your breath and train your brain to anticipate the NEXT hiccup .... and it never comes. I've used this for years and thought maybe I was the only one. Genius!

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:07 pm
kennybroh offline

1. I'm accessing my server machine via Screen Sharing. The instant I reconnected to that machine the errors went away....
2. At 1:151PM I turned Auto-Lock off on the iPhone and am I'm leaving the Screen Sharing connection on for a while.
3. Going about my business doing other things on my machine.
4. 1:58PM errors returned; screen on Mini timed out. When I clicked on the window and it came back on, errors disappeared. Set display to stay on for an hour (it tried to make me feel guilty for using more energy),

It's 2:05. Let's see what happens.

Update: 2:30PM and all continues to be well....

Update: 3:12 PM Still no errors. So now I'm going to set the Mac Mini screen timeout to 5 minutes and see what happens.
Last edited by kennybroh on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm
kennybroh offline

ryanbuckner wrote:

Pease tell me that your hiccup cure is to calm your breath and train your brain to anticipate the NEXT hiccup .... and it never comes. I've used this for years and thought maybe I was the only one. Genius!

Nope. Plopper's remedy is physical: Fill a large glass with cold water and hand it to the hiccuper but don't have them start drinking yet. Take the index fingers of both of your hands and completely seal each of the hiccuper's ears. It's best if they are sitting and you are standing in front of them.

As soon as you have their ears totally closed off, they must start drinking the water and cannot stop until the entire glass is gone. Any breathing must be done through their nose. Make sure you maintain pressure on their ears the whole time and only when the entire glass is empty can you let go. The hiccups should be gone. Works every time and maybe only once or twice in 40 years have I had to repeat the process.

Happy hiccuping to you , Dawn and all the little (or not so little by now) hiccupers.

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:41 pm
ryanbuckner offline

kennybroh wrote:
ryanbuckner wrote:

Nope. Plopper's remedy is physical: Fill a large glass with cold water and hand it to the hiccuper but don't have them start drinking yet. Take the index fingers of both of your hands and completely seal each of the hiccuper's ears. It's best if they are sitting and you are standing in front of them.

As soon as you have their ears totally closed off, they must start drinking the water and cannot stop until the entire glass is gone. Any breathing must be done through their nose. Make sure you maintain pressure on their ears the whole time and only when the entire glass is empty can you let go. The hiccups should be gone. Works every time and maybe only once or twice in 40 years have I had to repeat the process.

Happy hiccuping to you , Dawn and all the little (or not so little by now) hiccupers.

Happy hiccuping and a healthy Indigo Touch client

Posted on
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kennybroh wrote:
1. I'm accessing my server machine via Screen Sharing. The instant I reconnected to that machine the errors went away....
2. At 1:151PM I turned Auto-Lock off on the iPhone and am I'm leaving the Screen Sharing connection on for a while.
3. Going about my business doing other things on my machine.
4. 1:58PM errors returned; screen on Mini timed out. When I clicked on the window and it came back on, errors disappeared. Set display to stay on for an hour (it tried to make me feel guilty for using more energy),

It's 2:05. Let's see what happens.

Update: 2:30PM and all continues to be well....

Update: 3:12 PM Still no errors. So now I'm going to set the Mac Mini screen timeout to 5 minutes and see what happens.

Sounds like your Mac is going to sleep…

Jay (Indigo Support)