Migrating from Alexa-Hue Bridge to Alexa Plug-in

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:47 pm
sarahcat offline

Migrating from Alexa-Hue Bridge to Alexa Plug-in

Thank you to Matt and Jay for the native Indigo support for Alexa and the new official Indigo skill!

I have successfully added Alexa controls to some of my devices, using the native Alexa plugin in Indigo. In general, do I need to remove my current devices that are using the Alexa-Hue Bridge before I migrate them to the internal native Alexa plugin? The only case where there is a device associated with both plugins, a Kwikset door lock. With the new plugin, I can use the voice commands "Lock" and "Unlock", since I specified the 'type' of device as a lock.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to how I should best migrate from the Alexa-Hue plugin to the new Indigo native internal plug-in? I am concerned about a conflict in Alexa when using voice commands, with both the emulated Alexa device and the actual Alexa skill.

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Migrating from Alexa-Hue Bridge to Alexa Plug-in

We discuss migration strategies in the plugin's docs.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:49 pm
sarahcat offline

Re: Migrating from Alexa-Hue Bridge to Alexa Plug-in

Thanks. I disabled the Alexa-Hue Plugin and cleaned up the devices in the Alexa app, then completed publishing them to the new Alexa plugin. Everything seems to be working with Alexa voice control.

Page 1 of 1