Email+ after upgrade

Posted on
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:57 pm
CraigM offline

Email+ after upgrade

After upgrading to 2021.1 any email sent to me from Indigo is showing up in the appropriate inbox as 'READ'.

This causes the issue that there is no indication that there are any email messages in that inbox, which defeats the purpose of getting notices.

Any idea what's causing this?

Posted on
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Email+ after upgrade

Do you have Email+ set up to scan that mailbox? If so, are you sure that it's not the plugin processing that mailbox and just not matching anything?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:12 pm
CraigM offline

jay (support) wrote:
Do you have Email+ set up to scan that mailbox?

Since this has never happened to me in any version of Indigo, I’m not sure of your question.

After the upgrade Indigo created 3 devices:
Email+ IMAP Server
Email+ POP Server
Email+ STMP Server

I have many TRIGGERS where the action is to send me an email to a specific INBOX.
I use these these TRIGGERS as email notifications that something happened, such as:

Sprinkler Finished
Temperature Reached
Smoke Alarm Activated

Indigo has always sent the email to the correct inbox UNREAD.

If this is now being caused from Indigo scanning and marking the emails as READ. Has Indigo always scanned? Is there a config preference that I don’t know about? How does Indigo know what INBOX to scan?

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you use Better Email before the upgrade?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:21 pm
CraigM offline

jay (support) wrote:
Did you use Better Email before the upgrade?

No

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

When sending an email, the sender has NO ability to tell the server to mark it as read, so it's definitely not the sending action that's the problem. Something else is marking the emails as read. Please show us the triggers you have defined to perform the notification when an email is received.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:56 pm
CraigM offline

Just to be clear, I'm NOT asking Indigo to perform an action based on an email in the INBOX. I just want Indigo to send me an email message as a head-up.

I ran a test, firing a trigger while viewing the INBOX. The email comes in UNREAD and then instantly changes to READ (grayed out) in Mac Mail.

I have been using these triggers since the first version of Indigo. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade from 7.5 > 2021 where emails are now handled by a new plugin. If I'm not mistaken the only email config in previous version was an email panel in Indigo prefs.

1.png
1.png (134.11 KiB) Viewed 1537 times

2.png
2.png (109.95 KiB) Viewed 1537 times

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 2021.1 upon reading your Indigo 7.5 preferences automatically creates the devices:

Email+ POP Server
Email+ STMP Server

because the email server preferences are no longer in the Preferences dialog. Indigo never creates a device named:

Email+ IMAP Server

so you must have created it (maybe you duplicated the POP Server device and renamed it). Anyhow, the POP or IMAP devices define which email server Indigo uses for scanning/reading emails and triggering off of them (normally based on the email SUBJECT field). If you aren't using any email Triggers (thus are just sending emails with Indigo actions), then you can disable or delete the POP and IMAP server devices and Indigo won't scan/read them anymore. Keep the SMTP device as that defines the server Indigo uses for sending emails.

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:32 pm
CraigM offline

matt (support) wrote:
POP or IMAP devices define which email server Indigo uses for scanning/reading emails and triggering off of them (normally based on the email SUBJECT field)..

BINGO! Thats the magic sentence I've been looking for. Unless I missed it in some doc, it's very unclear what those SERVER DEVICES do. Maybe put that sentence in the device dialog box.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1