License out of Sync

Posted on
Wed May 19, 2021 1:15 pm
jltnol offline

License out of Sync

So I've been having problems with a program that Indigo controls and runs on the same computer, and in cloning and copying, have managed to get my Indigo License out of sync. I've been trying to be careful to Deactivate it, but somehow things have gotten out of sync. Indigo is running for me, but I am not able to Deactiviate the license, so I can move it. I've checked all the versions of Indigo I've got installed, but none or licensed or working. What info do you need to help me solve this issue?

ALSO. Just tired submitting a request on the store page, but got an error message when trying to submit... :(

Posted on
Wed May 19, 2021 7:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: License out of Sync

We've reset your license activation, so you should now be able to re-activate it on a different Mac.

Posted on
Wed May 19, 2021 7:43 pm
jltnol offline

THANKS!

sorry for the trouble...

Posted on
Thu May 20, 2021 1:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No problem at all. Until we update our Indigo Account web UI so that customers can reset their licenses in these cases we will happily do it manually when the need arises.

Posted on
Fri May 21, 2021 1:41 pm
jltnol offline

So Matt

I almost HATE to ask for you to do this again, but I've finally half-way- figured out how the license system works. I'm assuming my account has a license available, and I authorize it for use, the system generates 2 codes that are stored in the IndigoRegistration... file. When I launch the app, if the codes in the file match what's on the server, everything is fine. But in my case, I've copied that license file from a previous version with obviously different codes, and now the codes in the file don't match the codes on your server, so once again, I can't de-authorize/ authorize.

Now that I have at least an inkling of how this works, I will NEVER overwrite that file with an older one.

So I promise (I hope) for the very last time, when yo have a moment if you could please reset my license, I'd appreciate it. I think what I need to do is to quit the server from running, delete that license file, launch the app, and then re-authorize with the re-set license, and I should be good to go. Did I miss anything? Is there a different sequence of events I should follow?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri May 21, 2021 10:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Done!

Posted on
Sat May 22, 2021 9:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you follow the docs concerning moving an Indigo install to a different Mac, I suspect you will avoid all the issues you've experienced.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1