Really Strange Question

Posted on
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:24 pm
jltnol offline

Really Strange Question

Just a bit of. crazy talk.

So I just moved my Indigo server to a little desk in my kitchen. Its easy and convenient for it to be here. It is right next to my refrigerator, which has suddenly stopped working properly. Do the Insteon modem or the Z-Wave stick emits any kind of RF that MIGHT cause issues with the refrigerator? If anything I'm guessing interference would be the other way around... but just wanted to ask...

Posted on
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Really Strange Question

What do you mean "stopped working properly?" A typical fridge shouldn't be affected by RF at all--like you said, should be the other way around (the only thing I can think of is the compressor motor causing RF interference. But that *shouldn't* be an issue, really.)

Honest question: is it a smart fridge?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:59 pm
jltnol offline

The freezer seems fine but the fridge part isn't as cold as it should be.

I've got a tech on call to check it out...

Was 99.99999% sure nothing in Indigo would be causing a problem... but just wanted to check to be sure.

I've had this proximal setup for proximal setup for almost 2 weeks now, and so far, nothing has messed up Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 pm
RogueProeliator offline

The freezer seems fine but the fridge part isn't as cold as it should be.

In my experience, the first thing to look for in this situation is whether or not the fan is properly running/distributing the cold air... seen this a couple of times where in the freezer side was properly cold and removing heat but that cold air was only passively making it to the cool side (as opposed to actively circulated).

I'm sure there are many designs of refrigerators so this might not apply - not an expert by any means but seen this at least a handful of times. #ThingsArentMadeLikeTheyUsedToVoice

Page 1 of 1