Indigo 7.5 and Big Sur

Posted on
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:54 pm
bluefightingcat offline

Indigo 7.5 and Big Sur

I've upgraded to 7.5 and also to Big Sur. Everything seems to be working ok except for my reflector. Also it's weird but I can't access the indigodomo website from the mac that is running indigo. When I try to start the server I get a window telling me that it failed to get the reflector url from the prism reflector server.

In the log I get this error.

Error (client) failed to get reflector URL (geturl error): unable to connect to server

There must be something preventing indigo from accessing the internet.

Posted on
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 7.5 and Big Sur

Turn off any firewalls you have on and see if it makes any difference.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:42 am
bluefightingcat offline

Firewall is off. Doesn't make a difference.

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you hit our website from a browser on that Mac? Any other device on that same network?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:49 pm
bluefightingcat offline

All my other devices on the same network can access the indigodomo website. It's just the mac running indigodomo that has the problem. It can't access your website from any of the browsers. It's quite weird.

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That is very strange. It has nothing to do with Indigo however - Indigo can't stop network traffic from other apps.

I wonder if your router is blocking access somehow just from that Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'd recommend rebooting your Mac and all networking hardware to see if that helps.

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am
jltnol offline

Just wanted to add to this thread. I upgraded to Big Sur about 10 days ago, and so far, everything has been running great. I did a from-the-ground-up-install of Big Sur, using Apple's Network Recovery tool. Past that, a new install of Indigo 7.5. Previous trials gave me some error messages with 2 plugins, so I manually installed, configured and got those working first. Next, I copied the rest of my plugins and the Plugin Preferences from my previous Indigo install. The last issue was a bunch of Python scripts that needed some file paths manually changed.

I running both Z-Wave and Insteon, and didn't have any issues with the associated hardware being recognized by Indigo. All in all, except for about 2 million self-inflicted errors on my part, this was a fairly simple move.

Previously, I was running my Indigo Server on a headless MacMini... which was a great setup, since 99% of what I needed to do with Indigo I could do from the client running on my main desktop. Now, Indigo is running on an iMac, which makes managing Indigo just so much easier.

No doubt there are some good reasons to wait to upgrade the OS, but so far, my experience has been great.

Posted on
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 am
berkinet offline

FYI. I had the same problem. Turns out all traffic to and through the local gateway was blocked. As Matt suspected, a simple reboot cleared the problem.

Page 1 of 1