Moving to New Computer

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:56 am
dlindey offline

Moving to New Computer

Licensed user of Indigo 7.5. I was running Indigo on a 2008 iMac MacOSX El Capitan. Without getting into details or specifics I was becoming increasingly frustrated with some apps and services being limited by not being supported so I purchased a new computer that could be upgraded to MacOSX Catalina. I purchased a Mac mini (late 2012), upgraded to an ssd and loaded Catalina. The Mac mini will run only Indigo and home automation system. I have standardized on Z-wave devices and am using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. It should be pointed out that my Indigo implementation, while in its infancy of development worked fine on the older iMac aside from dealing with unsupported service issues (MQTT).

The above is background info in anticipation of the thread getting bogged down with questions. Forgive me if I haven't been specific enough or have not provided enough background info.

Here is what I have done.
1) I followed the wiki instructions "Moving an Indigo 7 Installation to another Mac" literally to a "T" including copying the database to the appropriate location.
2) Downloaded, installed and activated Indigo with my license on the Mac mini.
3) Removed the Z-Stick from the iMac and inserted it into a USB port on the Mac mini, I know it is important that the port in which a Z-Stick in installed is critical n that it must always be installed in the same physical port location ... but this is the first time the Z-Stick is living in the Mac mini.
4) Launched the Indigo application on the Mac mini

My issue is that Indigo is picking up the "Sample" database and not my database. NOTE: I copied the database from the old computer ( iMac) to the new computer (Mac mini) per the Wiki I.e the correct location.

Im attaching the event log from my first launch of indigo. The problem is undoubtedly attributed to the fact that the Z-Stick is in a new USB port location. I have reviewed Aeotec's documentation and have not found anything to address moving the device to a new computer.

I'd appreciate any comments and advice to get the application recognizing "my database"

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
2021-02-14 Events.txt
(14.24 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Moving to New Computer

Did you use the "File"->"Select Database" menu option to pick your previous database instead of the sample one? Did you ensure you copied the Database file from the old computer? By Default, it's in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Databases folder, but it's possible on your original system you saved it somewhere else.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You also need to use the "Interfaces"->"Z-Wave"->"Configure" menu option to select the location of the Z-wave stick. Since it's a new install, it doesn't know.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:08 pm
dlindey offline

Never-mind. False Alarm

Figured it all out after taking a moment to think it through. Had to reassign the port address of the Z-Stick and select the correct database.

All up and running.

I apologize for the bother. If you read my diatribe ... forgive me.

Thanks

Dave

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:17 pm
dlindey offline

Sorry Joe

When I posted my message your replies weren't yet downloaded to my original message. I fumbled around after thinking things through and did the 2 things you suggested before I saw them. Thanks so much for offering your advise.

Dave

Page 1 of 1