How to downgrade Indigo

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:46 pm
GaryL offline

How to downgrade Indigo

I can't find instructions to move back from 7.5 to 7.4. Just running 7.4 fails because the DB was updated. What files do I need to restore/move/rename etc

thanks!

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to downgrade Indigo

If your database is stored in the standard location, then the 7.4 version of your database should still be functional in it's standard location:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Databases/

First, shut down Indigo 7.5 completely (in the Mac client, select Indigo 7.5->Stop Server). Then quit the client. Then start the Indigo 7.4 client and it should automatically open your database from the above location.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:14 pm
GaryL offline

db location.png
Screen shot of my home directory and library directory showing db files
db location.png (210.38 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
That's what I thought I was supposed to do., but when I look at that location, the database folder is empty (actually it's empty for all the indigo 7 updates I have ever down. Also in my user documents folder there are DB files, I assume the one with no version number in the name is the current one and the others are the previous ones.

See attached screenshot. So do I need rename the current one then rename the 7.4.1 file with out the number and it should work? I don't want to screw anything up. Is there some other location I should be looking?

I did nothing myself. I have always just run the installer provided and it did whatever it does. So I am not sure why it is the way it is.

thanks

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

To be safe, I'd move the one labeled 7.4.1 into the 7.4 install directory:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Databases/

Then rename it without the version number. Then you can select it in the Mac client. Of course you'll be missing any changes you made in 7.5, but databases aren't backwards compatible.

Yeah, Indigo has limited options when the user stores the database in locations other than the default location. Our best shot was to duplicate the database and name it with the old version so you had a version you could revert back to.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:36 pm
GaryL offline

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a try.

I don't ever recall moving it ever. I would have had no reason to.

So in a perfect world the primary 7.5 db SHOULD be in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Databases/. ? If so I am happy to move it back in there and have a more stock install.
Last edited by GaryL on Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

GaryL wrote:
So in a perfect world the primary 7.5 db SHOULD be in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Databases/. ? If so I am happy to move it back in there and have a more stock install.

The Databases folder (inside /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo VERS.NUM/) is the default location Indigo prompts to save a new database. If after stopping/restarting the Indigo Server it doesn't find it then just double-click on it (while Indigo is running) and it will switch to using that file location.

Page 1 of 1