Indigo 7.5 - Nice Christmas gift

Posted on
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:22 am
durosity offline

Re: Indigo 7.5 - Nice Christmas gift

Korey wrote:
Guess I picked the wrong hardware! :shock: :D :cry:

But that’s the beauty of Indigo, you could go grab a z-stick or whatever and seamlessly merge it in with your Insteon stuff!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm
kw123 offline

>>Korey wrote:
Guess I picked the wrong hardware! :shock: :D :cry:<<

that statement will be true for everyone at some point in time.
But that is not a problem - It is an opportunity to get new stuff

Karl

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:12 am
Korey offline

durosity wrote:
Korey wrote:
Guess I picked the wrong hardware! :shock: :D :cry:

But that’s the beauty of Indigo, you could go grab a z-stick or whatever and seamlessly merge it in with your Insteon stuff!

I do have a Z-stick, bought years ago when Matt & Jay added Zwave natively :) I have it Control a few appliance devices. I must admit it is much faster at executing a command.

Currently have around 60 Insteon devices, I have to say I really like them, I've heard people say the keypads are no good, but that was the selling point for me years ago, also it was a no brainer as when Insteon first came out I was all X-10 so it was the obvious route forward. (Dating myself) I like the feel of the Switches. The 8 keypads I have work very well and are all custom engraved. I like the fact that I can also create scenes between devices with no need for indigo to process.

the problem will be the WAF in moving forward to a Zwave, once/if Insteon goes away and devices start failing.

Whats the closest Zwave equivalent in build and feel to a Switchlinc? and are there any 8 Button keypads out yet?

I actually thought I would go the Lutron route, but the switches I like are the RA version and they are $$$..

Best of the season to all, and I apologize for hijacking this thread! :P

BTW: Durosity, Santa brought me a G4 Doorbell :mrgreen: They have them on your side of the pond yet?

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:29 am
durosity offline

Korey wrote:
BTW: Durosity, Santa brought me a G4 Doorbell :mrgreen: They have them on your side of the pond yet?

There are definitely 8 button keypads on the z-wave side of things but I’m not sure if they exist on your side of the pond!

And lucky you, the doorbell is fantastic! They’ve not been released outside of North America yet but I was able to get one from someone who’d imported one and it didn’t pass the WAF... so their loss, my gain.. it works perfectly for me. I have it wired up directly to the mains adapter with no wired doorbell (I do need to find a way to be able to sense a doorbell ring in indigo though) and I’m just using my HomePods as the ringer which has actually worked superbly! I’m hoping that in the not too distant future someone works out a way to bring HKSV to Homebridge and that’ll make it nearly perfect.. the only other thing it needs is echo cancellation but tbh it doesn’t really cause any problems as it stands now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:43 am
howartp offline

I use Remotec ZRC-90 scene controllers which are 8 button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:23 am
cesarvog offline

+1 for Remotec ZRC-90US