Upgrading from El Capitan

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:18 pm
yassi offline

Upgrading from El Capitan

I know, Matt & Jay don't make announcements about releases, but I'm interested to hear if there any plans to rise the macOS requirements for the next Indigo release.

Background: I'm running since about 4 years Indigo on a MacMini 2009 on El Capitan. The machine is rock solid, had no issues at all with it.
But, I would like to upgrade macOS to Mojave, I need some apps on it which doesn't run on El Capitan and at least Mojave is still provided with updates from Apple.
Thinking about patching the machine with dosdude's patcher (www.dosdude1.com), I have already a machine patched to Catalina.

Any thoughts about this? Issues? Serial drivers? Is Indigo running stable on Mojave?

Thanks!
Yassi

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from El Capitan

The next feature release (7.5) won't be changing the minimum macOS requirements. After that release we are going to be evaluating the active macOS usage statistics and deciding if we'll be bumping up the requirement in the next release. I suspect we will, but I don't know to what level yet. We recognize that a lot of our customers run Indigo on older Macs.

Regardless, I'm confident Mojave or higher will be supported so you should be fine. There have been some Apple USB bugs (in particular with their FTDI driver) starting with High Sierra, but those impact a limited number of users with older Macs and we believe older PowerLincs. That blog post documents the workaround as well.

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:58 pm
yassi offline

Re: Upgrading from El Capitan

matt (support) wrote:
The next feature release (7.5) won't be changing the minimum macOS requirements. After that release we are going to be evaluating the active macOS usage statistics and deciding if we'll be bumping up the requirement in the next release. I suspect we will, but I don't know to what level yet. We recognize that a lot of our customers run Indigo on older Macs.

Regardless, I'm confident Mojave or higher will be supported so you should be fine. There have been some Apple USB bugs (in particular with their FTDI driver) starting with High Sierra, but those impact a limited number of users with older Macs and we believe older PowerLincs. That blog post documents the workaround as well.
Thanks, Matt!
Then, I will go ahead and upgrade the machine.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1