No longer feel the need to pay yearly fees...

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 am
trevorsmith offline

No longer feel the need to pay yearly fees...

I no longer need to be upgrading my home setup, nor wish to remotely control from outside the home.

Therefore I have stopped paying the yearly fee.

I am still able to control the system on my Mac where the software sits, by going to the web page http://127.0.0.1:8176/controlpage?name=xxxxxxx

Is it possible for other devices on my home network to access the control page, perhaps by replacing the 127...bit by the ip address of my mac? I did have a go but dont really know what I'm doin! lol

TIA for any help.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: No longer feel the need to pay yearly fees...

You should be able to view the page from any device on your network by replacing the IP address 127.0.0.1 with the actual IP address of the Indigo server machine. Depending on how you have your network set up, the address of your Indigo machine could change over time, however

(127.0.0.1 is a reserved address for 'loopback traffic' and is a way for a machine to refer to itself.)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:47 am
peszko offline

trevorsmith wrote:
Is it possible for other devices on my home network to access the control page, perhaps by replacing the 127...bit by the ip address of my mac? I did have a go but dont really know what I'm doin! lol

You can use the actual ip of your mac, and if you have the mac build in firewall turned on you need to allow indigo server (and client) to receive network connection. You can further use port forwarding on your external router to connect to it from the internet. That is how I have it setup.

I don't do it for the fees, I just like to have as much controll and independence as possible. If for some reason Indigo reflector goes down, or they stop supporting it, I'm not impacted.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:47 pm
trevorsmith offline

thanks guys - much appreciated. I'll give it a try

Page 1 of 1