Email stopped working

Posted on
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:00 pm
smillerdad offline

Email stopped working

Indigo 7.1,4
Catalina 10.15.6

Email stopped sending on 10/1/20
I confirmed my settings on Comcast website and spoke with their techs support and settings in indigo preferences are correct .

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Steve

smillerdad

Posted on
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Email stopped working

Indigo's email implementation is based on an older mail library that is less forgiving of slight changes in mail protocols. We recommend using the Better Email plugin which uses a much newer mail library and is more reliable.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 am
smillerdad offline

I installed BetterEmail but email quits after a few sends. Upgraded Indigo to 7.5.0 and email worked for a fw hours then quit again

Sent INSTEON "Curtains Living Room" on
Email Sent to "noflood4u@comcast.net"; subject "Check Garage Softener WS Battery!"
Email Sent to "noflood4u@comcast.net"; subject "Check Powder Room Toilet WS Battery!"
Error email send message failed
Error email re-send scheduled in 10 minutes

The emails listed above DID send yesterday but nothing will send since.

Now I'm getting tons of these which started this morning before I went into Indigo to see why this morning's emails did not send.

Better Email Error BetterEmail IMAP: Error fetching FLAGS for Message # 174: FETCH command error: BAD ['Error in IMAP command FETCH: Invalid messageset (0.001 + 0.000 secs).']. Data: NAID11657 FETCH 174 (FLAGS)

Better Email Error BetterEmail IMAP: Error fetching FLAGS for Message # 175: FETCH command error: BAD ['Error in IMAP command FETCH: Invalid messageset (0.001 + 0.000 secs).']. Data: NAID11660 FETCH 175 (FLAGS)

It seems to stop sending with no intervention on my part. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

smillerdad

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The "email send message failed" errors are coming from Indigo's email client, not Better Email. So it looks like you didn't modify all of your actions that send emails to use the Better Email version of the action to send emails.

I'm not sure about the second IMAP error (which is coming from Better Email), but first let's get your actions converted over to use Better Email's action to send the emails and we can see if that fixes the problem with sends failing.

Page 1 of 1