After 8 months of no issues..(no acknowledgment)

Posted on
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:32 pm
ryandenver offline

After 8 months of no issues..(no acknowledgment)

Greetings

I have been running my Insteon install (100+ devices) and Indigo for 8 months without issue. Yesterday, I started getting (no acknowledgment) log errors for random DIN, switches, keypads, and outlets across the house.

I've tried rebooting my Mac and Indigo with no luck. I've ordered a backup power link that will be here tomorrow. Is there anything else I should be looking at? We've not added or changed anything anywhere in the house (electric, appliances, etc).

Thanks,

Ryan

Sample Log Errors:

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:23:45 PM
Error "Water Closet Recessed Can" off; send failed (no acknowledgment)

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:24:03 PM
Received INSTEON "Mechanical Room Lights" off
Received INSTEON "Mechanical Room Lights" on

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:24:28 PM

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:24:50 PM
Error "Stairwell Gym Foyer Recessed Cans" off; send failed (no acknowledgment)
Error "Stairwell Gym Foyer Recessed Cans" status request; send failed (no acknowledgment)
Error "Stairwell Gym Foyer Recessed Cans" status request; send failed (no acknowledgment)

Posted on
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: After 8 months of no issues..(no acknowledgment)

Those errors most often indicate some kind of signal noise. Check the signal troubleshooting guide for tips on identifying and solving signal issues. It may be something that just changed in your environment (CFL bulbs, new plug in transformers, etc).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:05 pm
chase offline

Re: After 8 months of no issues..(no acknowledgment)

I had a similar situation (and 100+ Insteon devices) and could not find any consistent provable source of interference (nothing had changed!)

I finally changed out the PowerLinc (it was 4 years old) and instantly resolved the issues. Devices seem to be snappier now which leads me to believe there were many retries with the old modem.

The new version is quite a bit different internally so we will see if it lasts longer.

Now I need to order another spare PowerLinc to have a spare on the shelf!

Page 1 of 1