Script Files Not Found

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 3:31 pm
makedrinklas offline

Script Files Not Found

Hi Everyone,

I have moved my install and brought over my custom Applescripts. Unfortunately, it looks like even if I put copies of all my scripts in Library/Application Support/PA/Scripts, the database is STILL unable to simply find them, :( Users need to manually re-link every action, schedule, etc. that calls upon them. Very time consuming and prone to error to simply set a path multiple times. Not to mention, it appears I no longer have permission to easily edit them if I want to make a change in the default folder. (which when selecting makes you navigate away from if you have a custom scripts directory in you Indigo home folder.

So this is maybe a feature request to be able to set a scripts directory preference. I'd personally prefer it to be in my home documents folder next to where I keep my Indigo database. And if there must be a default location in /Library, have Indigo be aware that they're all right there in said folder without having re-link each script.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 8:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Script Files Not Found

As of Indigo 7.4, AppleScript is no longer supported.

If you put all your scripts into that folder (even if you create the folder yourself), then once you move the scripts there and reselect then once in Indigo, you should never have to reselect them.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 9:44 pm
makedrinklas offline

Re: Script Files Not Found

Yes, that makes sense. Just selecting them all one by one in every action where they may be called upon is a real task. And now I would like to move the scripts directory (to a location where I have permission to edit files) so it likely means reselecting again. I had them in the same home directory as on the previous machine, just surprising each usage instance indicates script not found. Fixable for sure, but tedious and prone to missing a few.

Thanks Jay,

Mike

Page 1 of 1