Temporary Multiple Indigo installs on a single license?

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 8:05 pm
johnfdl offline

Temporary Multiple Indigo installs on a single license?

I moved into a new home and getting my Indigo system working again has been problematic. I'd like to do a new install of it and start over from scratch as I have some device changes anyway. My old MacMini doesn't support Catalina so I thought I'd try to build the new system on my old MacBook which has the latest OS and use the latest Indigo (as my current Indigo server is 7.1.

I went to install the new Indigo on my old Mac Book Pro, but it's asking for a license. My question is, can I install the Indigo server on the MacBook while it's still installed on my MacMini? I hate to wipe it off the MacMini because while I will be building from scratch, I want to be able to reference the old system (rules, triggers, etc.). If all goes well, I can wipe the old Indigo, but if not, I'd love to be able to keep the old system until I can resolve the issues.

So my questions are:
Does this sound like an acceptable plan or are there issues I need to consider? I think I need to de-register my z-wave devices from the old system, but unsure since I'll be moving the USB Wave stick from the old to the new system.

Is it permitted to have a license on multiple systems for a short period of time during a transition phase?

What else should I be considering?

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 6:32 am
jalves offline

Re: Temporary Multiple Indigo installs on a single license?

I'm sure Matt or Jay will be here shortly with the official answer, but in the mean time couldn't you use the 30 day free trial that is offered? See the top of the page.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For this purpose we'd recommend using a Trial license, as Jeff mentioned. If you already have a trial and it is expired then send us an email and we'll add a new trial to your account. There is a 30 device limit on the trial you might (or might not) run into.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2020 11:06 am
johnfdl offline

Thanks. I think I may have used this old MacBookPro for the trial, but I'll reach out as you suggest if that is the case. No issue on the device count cap for the trial. I can test it to ensure the devices are recognized, then delete those devices if I need more slots.

Page 1 of 1