performed a fresh install of Catalina

Posted on
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:08 pm
druthven offline

performed a fresh install of Catalina

everything works except Indigo 7.4.1. I forgot to back up the current database beforehand. I was able to find an older database called "My House Indigo (v6.1.4)" and used that to set up Indigo. I was abled to update the device list , etc with no issues. I can manually turn things. on and off but my schedules don't work. Any thoughts?

BTW, I had Indigo 7.4.1 working perfectly on this Mac with Catalina. When I reset it up after fresh install described above, the issues started
Attachments
2020-03-06 Events.txt
(48.56 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: performed a fresh install of Catalina

The schedules are probably failing because the Mac is going to sleep (or at the very least trying to go to sleep):

Code: Select all
2020-03-06 10:54:06.550   Application   Received sleep notification from system
2020-03-06 10:54:07.862   Application   Closed connection to PowerLinc 2413U

You might also have a file/folder permissions problem as it looks like Indigo isn't able to save a file (possible your database file):

Code: Select all
2020-03-06 13:58:16.508   Error   DeleteOrigAndSwapInTemp() caught exception: FileIOError -- failed to delete original file

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:18 pm
druthven offline

so the fact that I didn't have a copy of my database called My House 1 (v7.1.1) and used a 5 year old copy I found called My House Indigo (V6.1.4) didn't cause this? I figured the version of Indigo I was using 5 years ago might have a different data setup and I might need to update that config. If you can't lead me to fix this, would I be better off just setting up an all new version?

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo receiving the sleep notification (and thus not able to process schedules) is not related to which database version you are using at all. That means your Mac is set to go to asleep (although in some cases Mac's get into bad states and try to sleep even when sleep settings are set to never allow it). Make sure the Mac is awake when one of your schedules is set to fire and watch what happens in the Event Log at that time. If your Mac is awake it should work.

The permissions problem might be related to you using the older/different version of the database file. I'd suggest making some database changes and shutting down the server then restarting it to see if those changes were saved or not. If they weren't then you need to fix the file/folder permissions problem. We can help troubleshoot that with you off the forum (email to support AT indigodomo DOT com) if that is the case.

Page 1 of 1