Upgrade to 7.4.1 - lost an applescript

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:30 am
dawson1331 offline

Upgrade to 7.4.1 - lost an applescript

I upgraded to 7.4.1 from 7.4. My python scripts were automatically copied into the new directory Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Python2-includes. I am very happy about that. Definitely the right way to go. Thanks.

I did have one problem however. I have two applescripts remaining. One is the 'Weather NOAA sync.scpt' which was in the Scripts/Background Tasks folder and remained in that folder. The other script, which was in the Scripts/Attachments folder, was removed and NOT copied anywhere I could find. I think it was deleted. This is a script to generate the artwork for iTunes - which I read somewhere would be OK since it did not call "tell application IndigoServer". I found a backup version and copied it to Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Scripts and it seems to work OK.

I am very happy with the new directory structure.

I just want to let you know, that the installer deleted an applescript file.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to 7.4.1 - lost an applescript

We don't do anything with AppleScripts since they aren't supported. Not sure where your iTunes script went, but we didn't delete it in the original install directory (from 7.3 or earlier) and it didn't get moved to the 7.4 hierarchy when you did that upgrade.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Actually from looking over how the installer script that handles the migration it looks like there is an edge case where AppleScripts that are in the Indigo 7.4/Scripts/Attachments/ might get lost/deleted. This only happens with AppleScripts and only in that specific folder (not in older version folders, like 7.3). We'll get it fixed so the 7.5 installer doesn't have the problem.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Doh... :oops:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1