Unable to install 7.4 on Catalina....hang-up

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 am
trevorsmith offline

Unable to install 7.4 on Catalina....hang-up

So, I right click on the package, click Open. Click on Continue, to go to `Destination Select'. Installer hangs up. Left it to churn overnight. Nothing. Tried this 3 times now. Any ideas?

I'm only going to 7.4 as my version (7.04) won't start properly (it says Indigo server not running at startup), since I upgraded the mac to Catalina. Running the startup script as advised to another user in another thread, in Terminal, this is what I get

TrevorsiMac:IndigoWebServer trevorsmith$ ./IndigoWebServer.py -i1176 -w8190 -cfn
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./IndigoWebServer.py", line 432, in <module>
cherrypy.engine.start()
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 184, in start
self.publish('start')
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 147, in publish
output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 90, in start
ServerAdapter.start(self)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 53, in start
wait_for_free_port(*self.bind_addr)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 251, in wait_for_free_port
raise IOError("Port %r not free on %r" % (port, host))
IOError: Port 8190 not free on '0.0.0.0'

So, its a port contention issue I guess. How should I know which port to use? I'm just a home user, not a shell or OS expert :(

In short, I'd rather my current version ran, but if I need to upgrade to 7.4 then help me get that installed please.

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:40 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unable to install 7.4 on Catalina....hang-up

Versions of Indigo older than 7.4 will definitely not run on Catalina because the Indigo Server process in those older versions is 32 bit (so that we could keep AppleScript support for as long as possible). Version 7.4 includes the 64 bit versions of all of Indigo's processes, including the server.

I'm not sure why the installer won't run, but I suspect your macOS install may not be in good shape if it is hanging, especially since it is hanging so early in the process (during Destination Select). Try it again but before pressing any of the buttons in the installer choose the Window->Installer Log menu item, and then see if it shows any useful information when getting to the Destination Select screen.

Lastly, you have tried a Mac restart before running the installer? And does the macOS user account your logged in to have admin privileges?

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:17 pm
trevorsmith offline

Re: Unable to install 7.4 on Catalina....hang-up

Thanks for the info (on a Saturday!)

I tried about 4 more times, and for some reason it decided to install.

I'm not impressed so far with Catalina (vvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy slow just opening a simple text or doc file) however, Indigo is up and running. Thanks again

Page 1 of 1