Is it safe...to upgrade to Catalina?

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Is it safe...to upgrade to Catalina?

DaveL17 wrote:
Word just in....there is chance that a 64-bit version of apcupsd may be in the offing. No idea if or when that might happen, but I would describe the prospects as promising.

There is a 64-bit build of the apcupsd daemon now available on Sourceforge. The build was done by Adam K. from the project team.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/apcupsd/files/Testing/apcupsd-3.14.14-macos-x86_64/Apcupsd-3.14.14.dmg/download

Disclaimer! This build just dropped last night, and I have not tried it. Note "Testing" in the target URL.

All the usual warnings apply.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:11 pm
sarahcat offline

I've been using the Alexa-Hue Bridge since v1 without a problem, but I just upgraded my Mac to Catalina and I had recently upgraded Indigo to the full 64-bit version, just prior to the upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.

Once the Catalina OS upgrade was done, Indigo seems to be fine, but since all my commands to Echo devices result in "xdevice is not responding", I can only assume that something has happened to the connection between the Indigo Server 7.4 and the Alexa-Hue Bridge v3. This plugin may longer be supported, and if so, my apologies, but I'm not sure what, if anything has replaced it. I'm pretty dependent on Echo devices for home control via Indigo.

I've tried restarting Indigo Server, and the Alexa-Hue Bridge seems to be up and running in the Devices list. Is the Alexa-Hue Bridge no longer supported by AutoLog? If not, is there a replacement? Alexa/Echo is an integral part of my home control system and having it not communicating to Indigo is a problem. Is there another way to support Alexa/Echo in Indigo?

That's the only problem I'm having since I upgraded to Catalina.

Posted on
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:07 am
autolog offline

I'll reply to this in this thread - Alexa no longer discovering Indigo installed/managed dev - as the problem is (probably) not Catalina specific. :)

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm
peszko offline

Upgraded to Catalina and everything works. It was the simplest upgrade ever. After the last reboot everything came up as if nothing had happened. Sweet.