Help with Indigo Database Name and Location Confusion

Posted on
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:00 pm
gadgetnut offline

Help with Indigo Database Name and Location Confusion

Hello, after copying the Indigo 7.3.x folder to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/ on the new computer, our move to a new Mac Mini appears to be working well. However, the database name in Indigo title bar reads like this:

Smith HA 1a (v7.1.1) (v7.1.1)(v7.1.1)(v7.1.1)

I believe at one time in the service history the database had been purposefully relocated to a different location or the client had difficulty locating the current database...

Two questions, please.

1.) is there a way to locate (including the filepath) the currently open and active Indigo database? Just to make sure there's no confusion that we are copying/moving/backing up the most current/active database?

2.) what steps should I take to rename this database to something simpler and more helpful?

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:35 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Help with Indigo Database Name and Location Confusion

I can't answer your questions about why the filename is appearing the way it is, but if you Command Click the banner of the Indigo Home Window, it will show you the entire path to the active database:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.33.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.33.54 PM.png (120.22 KiB) Viewed 1236 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 pm
gadgetnut offline

Hi, Dave, thanks very much for reminding me.. I had tried a couple such tricks earlier, but missed this. This “correctly identifying the working file” workflow has important ramifications (recent chaos in a client’s QuickBooks data file)- ha, ha, thanks again!

Posted on
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm
DaveL17 offline

You bet.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If you continue to see the version number added to the filename, then you might have a problem with multiple versions of Indigo installed (and different versions getting started up at different times) or you might have a folder permissions problem and Indigo isn't able to update its preference file. For the former I'd suggest removing older versions of Indigo you aren't using. To see if it is the latter check for errors in the Event Log.

Posted on
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm
gadgetnut offline

Thank you, Matt. I will remove any old versions of Indigo and see if that helps. If not, I'll look to the Event Log. Meanwhile, are there any specific tips or concerns re: quitting Indigo/Indigo Server and renaming the current data file to something simpler like Smith HA 2?

Posted on
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can rename it to whatever you please. Just stop the Indigo Server first, rename, then restart it. If Indigo doesn't find the renamed file upon restart just double-click it in the Finder.

Page 1 of 1