Indigo 64bit version in the pipe line?

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm
msageryd offline

I got a message in Mojave when starting Indigo after a system update. See attached screen capture.

It seems that Indigo is still a 32 bit app. Are there any plans for making a 64 bit version? Apple will stop supporting 32 bit apps at some stage (no date is set yet).
Attachments
indigo_mojave.jpg
indigo_mojave.jpg (25.53 KiB) Viewed 2939 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:02 am
msageryd offline

Re: Indigo 64bit version in the pipe line?

Thanks.
Stupid me, should have done a better search before posting.

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 am
siclark offline

To be fair I knew it had been, tried to search for any and couldn't find them. Tried searching on 64 bit and didn't get any joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:30 am
durosity offline

I’d rather 65 bit support. It’s clearly 1 better than 64 bit.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
To be fair I knew it had been, tried to search for any and couldn't find them. Tried searching on 64 bit and didn't get any joy.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest failings of phpbb is that there are some words/letter combinations which are not indexed well (or at all) so they don't show up in searches. This one falls in that category. I did tweak the post that is linked to above to include "64bit" to help with the searching.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:48 pm
DaveL17 offline

Just a note that you can often find Google will help get around the limitations of phpbb indexing and I can often get useful results not available through the forum's built-in search function.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:55 pm
siclark offline

durosity wrote:

I'll have one meeeeelion bits.

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Dual offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Just a note that you can often find Google will help get around the limitations of phpbb indexing and I can often get useful results not available through the forum's built-in search function.

Agreed. I add site:forums.indigodomo.com to the search line in google to get results from the forums only.

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:03 pm
DaveL17 offline

Dual wrote:
Agreed. I add site:forums.indigodomo.com to the search line in google to get results from the forums only.

+1

I should have added that, too. I do the same thing.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 am
masterblaster offline

durosity wrote:

Support for X86-64 would be enough for me. Among other improvements, the X86-64 architecture provides twice the number of CPU memory registers over the X86 architecture, which usually yields a significant increase in speed. Twice the registers means slow writes/reads to main memory occur less often. In other words, the move to "64-bits" isn't just about the increased precision available. Some applications work just fine within 32-bits native precision but would still benefit from using the "new"* hardware and software architecture.

*X86-64 is almost 20 years old.

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 pm
durosity offline

masterblaster wrote:
durosity wrote:

Support for X86-64 would be enough for me. Among other improvements, the X86-64 architecture provides twice the number of CPU memory registers over the X86 architecture, which usually yields a significant increase in speed. Twice the registers means slow writes/reads to main memory occur less often. In other words, the move to "64-bits" isn't just about the increased precision available. Some applications work just fine within 32-bits native precision but would still benefit from using the "new"* hardware and software architecture.

*X86-64 is almost 20 years old.

Did you think I was being serious?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:05 am
dprlemon offline

Hey Matt, I installed the 64 bit version and it’s working great. I was a little concerned about it breaking my Apple scripts but found all the functions they performed were built into Indigo. I don’t know if they were new or I missed them originally, but thanks for that.

My question. I’m preparing g my Mac for Catalina and I found a number of Indigo folders in Library-Application Support-Perceptive Automation, starting with Indigo 4. Do I need to keep these or can the be trashed?

As always, thanks for your support.

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Most likely you don't need any of those anymore. That said, I'd probably back them all up somewhere just in case there is a script or something in there you might need.

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:26 pm
durosity offline

dprlemon wrote:
Hey Matt, I installed the 64 bit version and it’s working great. I was a little concerned about it breaking my Apple scripts but found all the functions they performed were built into Indigo. I don’t know if they were new or I missed them originally, but thanks for that.

My question. I’m preparing g my Mac for Catalina and I found a number of Indigo folders in Library-Application Support-Perceptive Automation, starting with Indigo 4. Do I need to keep these or can the be trashed?

As always, thanks for your support.

Just be careful.. I found a plugin that for some reason still had references back to the old Indigo 7.2 directory in its preferences (In this case it was the HomeKit Bridge one but I imagine it could happen with others) so perhaps before removing them shut down your indigo server, backup, rename the folders then start everything back up again to make sure that everything works!

Computer says no.