How to safely upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2?

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 am
gt3mike offline

How to safely upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2?

There is a lot of documentation and discussion on this site, but I didn't see this question answered anywhere so I thought I'd ask. How do I upgrade to 7.2 while retaining the ability to roll back to 7.1 if something mission critical stops working with 7.2? The developers of several of my plugins appear to have stopped maintaining them, so this is a real concern for me.

I assume I want to back up the database. What else? It sounds like new Library directories get created by 7.2, so would a rollback be as simple as removing 7.2 and installing 7.1 again?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: How to safely upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2?

Backup the entire "Indigo 7" directory.

What plugins are you concerned with? Very little has changed on the plugin side between 7.1 and 7.2.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:09 am
gt3mike offline

AD2USB is the big one. That one is still actively maintained, but it was complex to set up and I'd rather not have to do it again. Sonos and Nest both seem to be inactive. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if they stopped working, but obviously I'd prefer it if they kept working.

I use several of your plugins and I have a high degree of confidence that they will continue to work properly. Thanks for that! :)

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Making a backup of the Indigo 7 folder isn't a bad idea, but note that Indigo 7.2 installs in its own folder, and it makes copies of all your plugins and saves the converted database to a different file path. You can stop the Indigo 7.2 server and just launch Indigo 7.1 if you want to switch back.

Page 1 of 1