Transferring Licence to a New Computer

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:57 am
Betacruxis offline

Transferring to a New Computer

Hi.
I have migrated from an Intel iMac to a new M3 iMac and used a Time Machine backup to transfer all data, apps and configuration setting.
I deactivated the Indigo license on the old Mac.
When I tried to run the indigo client, it didn`t work. Start server window appears, but after that no window appeared on the screen, all menu items for the client were disables and the server is not running.
Just to be on the safe side, I un-installed and re-installed Indigo on the new Mac, but somehow it is not running. Same behavior.
The license details item on the menu was enabled, so I tried to activate the license, but the window that opens seems not to be working (image attached).
What did I miss or did wrong?
Attachments
Captura.jpg
Captura.jpg (149.25 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Transferring Licence to a New Computer

Stop the server, delete the following file:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Preferences/Indigo Registration.indiPref

then restart the server. You'll need to log back in to your Indigo Account.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:36 am
Betacruxis offline

Thanks Jay.
Did all the steps, deleted the registration file, on client opening it asked to accept EULA, which I did and then the server started without asking me to log-in into my account.
No client window were opened and shows the same behavior, except for the License details window.
The server seems to be running as per Activity Monitor, but inaccessible from a browser or Indigo Touch app. And also stops when terminating the client app.
The registration file (Indigo Registration.indiPref) which was created again, reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RegDatabase type="dict">
<RegistrationInfo type="dict">
<EulaAccepted type="bool">true</EulaAccepted>
</RegistrationInfo>
</RegDatabase>

But License details is asking to accept EULA.
I'm lost.
Attachments
License 2.jpg
License 2.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 226 times

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

When moving Macs did you follow all the steps here? Specifically, you probably need to delete the Python.framework folder and re-run the Indigo installer.

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Betacruxis offline

Actually I have had not deleted the Python framework. So I did it and reinstalled Indigo, but the issue remained.
Then I tried a full uninstall again, making sure no trace of Indigo remained, even from previous versions, and deleted again all Python frameworks too.
Restarted the iMac, reinstalled Indigo and finally all went well: accepted EULA and could log-in into my account again.
I must have missed something on the previous uninstall.
Thanks again for your support and guidance.
Best regards.