[Solved] Moving Indigo with z-wave locks

Posted on
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:13 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

[Solved] Moving Indigo with z-wave locks

So... I had occasion to move my Indigo installation from an old server to a... somewhat less old server. No problem, I thinks I: I'll just install Indigo 7.2 on the new machine, get a trial license, shut down the old Indigo, pack up the /L/AS/PA/Indigo 7.2 folder and dump it onto the new one, replug all the USB devices, and we're set. How hard could this be?

(Okay, I admit: I was scheming and planning this for a while. The less-old Mac is a Mac Mini, and I promptly ran into the FTDI driver issue, but that's another thread.)

Net result: Everything works just fine now, except all the z-wave door locks can't talk to Indigo anymore:
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Error                    encrypted command received from node ID 010 has invalid CBC-MAC value (ignoring)

Oops. I understand Indigo needs to do magical crypto-handshakes here, but are the secrets it needs not stored inside the /L/AS/PA/Indigo 7.2 folder? If not, what other data do I have to copy over? Or do I have to resync my lock devices? (No big deal, but I thought I'd ask first.)

Cheers
-- perry
Last edited by Perry The Cynic on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Moving Indigo with z-wave locks

The network key Indigo uses is stored in the /L/AS/PA/Indigo*/Preferences/Plugins/com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.zwave.indiPref file, so as long as that was copied over you should be good. You can exclude the lock and re-include it (with encryption) but that really shouldn't be necessary...

Posted on
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Moving Indigo with z-wave locks

Aha!

I checked that file and it had somehow gotten changed to a much smaller one with different security keys. No idea how (I copied the whole Indigo 7.2 folder), but I did swap between a test folder and the real thing a few times (being careful to quit Indigo every time; but perhaps I forgot to stop the server once?)

Thanks!
-- perry

P.S.: Great support experience, as always!

P.P.S.: The ZW090 won't work on any USB hub on the new Mac (Mini), not even the one it worked on when plugged into the old Mac Pro. Odd, but I can live with that. :-(

Page 1 of 1