Selective restpre

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:28 am
vitaprimo offline

Selective restpre

Since a panic move some months back when GitHub change IDK-what and Indigo starting spilling red everywhere in the log; the plugins I used the most no longer work, I tried a new installation manually adding some devices and enabling the Alexa plugin, the one I probably used the most, and it worked, if only for a brief time as the other Indigo was still running and probably there was some conflict. Anyway, I trashed that installation and got restored the db there, ARD into that Mac so I could have side-by-side Indigo windows and started copying every setting manually. Not even having finished just the device section I couldn't go any longer, there's years of data in there.

Then I though "well, this is a Mac after all, there must be some drag-and-drop aha-moment hidden by" but not really, or I'm not as aha-savvy as I thought, attempting to drop the db file into the main window will only make it fly back to its original place in Finder or wherever I took it from. Is there some workaround for this?

I don't want to restore the full database as it is corrupt, it seems. I'm not a programmer but I can recognize code when I see it and what shows in the log when a plugin invokes something are typos, not code and when I selected New Database from the menu and the plugins started reloaded and some even sprung to life when they hadn't been working before. And if that wasn't enough, restoring the full setup would take me, I think about three days, time in which the devices in question won't work--except for Insteon.

If you have something as much as a hack I take it. I really need to import back, or copy, rather. Thanks!

I'll bet you think this post is about you. Don't you. ♪

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Selective restpre

Copy/paste the Event Log window showing the errors you are getting. It is very rare that a database becomes corrupt. You can have Indigo load the entire database (all or nothing, unfortunately) just by double-clicking on it from Finder on the Mac running the Indigo Server.

I'd also suggest you first disable all of the plugins. Then get your database to load (check to see if the devices, triggers, schedules, etc., are all showing; if they are the database is probably fine). Then start turning plugins on one-by-one until you start seeing errors. Copy/paste those errors into a reply so we can try to figure out what is occurring.

Page 1 of 1