Z-Wave still didn't work when I downgraded from High Sierra

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm
krader offline

Z-Wave still didn't work when I downgraded from High Sierra

I upgraded my Mac from Sierra (10.12) to High Sierra (10.13) several months ago and, as has been noted elsewhere, found that enabling my Z-Wave interface results in lots of errors like

Code: Select all
  Error                           unknown command bytes received E0 E0 (ignoring)
  Z-Wave Error                    rcvd unexpected bytes (sent ACK): E0

I had my system on the macOS beta track and kept hoping that Apple would create a release that fixed the problem. I finally bit the bullet and did the very painful process of downgrading to Sierra (10.12). Painful because the "Migration Assistant" app refuses to run when downgrading.

After reinstalling everything, including the Silicon Labs driver and Indigo I was still seeing the above errors when enabling the Z-Wave interface. Which caused me to read this forum thread:
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?t=18258. After I told Indigo to use the SLAB_USBtoUART serial port (rather than usbserial) for the Z-Wave interface everything worked fine. Which makes me wonder if that was all I needed to do when running macOS High Sierra.

If anyone is still running Indigo on macOS High Sierra with a Z-Wave interface it would be useful to know if opening the Indigo Preferences widget and configuring the Z-Wave interface to use the SLAB serial port works.

Page 1 of 1