How to export and re-import schedules, triggers, etc.

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:42 pm
joel.snyder offline

How to export and re-import schedules, triggers, etc.

I'm in the process of fixing the ISY-Bridge plugin and as part of that I am adding and deleting a lot of devices. For testing, I would like to be able to have these in triggers, schedules, and so on. However, when a device is deleted, the Indigo happily cleans up after me and rips it out of my settings. Given that the basic Indigo GUI is painstakingly slow to create and edit triggers and schedules, I would really like a way to export these and re-import them as devices disappear and reappear.

Is there any mechanism for this? I can't seem to find it; everyone that talks about "backup" points to grabbing the entire database and calling that your backup.

Is that the only option we have?

Am I the only one who wants a supported backup/restore mechanism for Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to export and re-import schedules, triggers, etc.

joel.snyder wrote:
I'm in the process of fixing the ISY-Bridge plugin and as part of that I am adding and deleting a lot of devices. For testing, I would like to be able to have these in triggers, schedules, and so on. However, when a device is deleted, the Indigo happily cleans up after me and rips it out of my settings. Given that the basic Indigo GUI is painstakingly slow to create and edit triggers and schedules, I would really like a way to export these and re-import them as devices disappear and reappear.

If you are creating a ton of dependencies then you probably need to reevaluate how you are performing your tests (a more modular approach would seem like a better idea) - there shouldn't be a need to create a ton of dependencies. A couple perhaps, but I'm not subscribing to your description that the UI is "painstakingly slow to create and edit triggers and schedules" to the extent that creating them is extremely time consuming. You can always create skeleton triggers/schedules that define the basic operation, then duplicate them and change the dependencies if it's so painful to create them from scratch.

joel.snyder wrote:
Is there any mechanism for this? I can't seem to find it; everyone that talks about "backup" points to grabbing the entire database and calling that your backup.

Is that the only option we have?

Am I the only one who wants a supported backup/restore mechanism for Indigo?

I think you answered your own question: backup/restore is outlined in the docs (it's really as simple as backing up the db file). Backing up individual elements is generally unnecessary (and we've had very little demand for that).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1