Upgrade Issue?

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:40 pm
makedrinklas offline

Upgrade Issue?

Hey! Love you guys. Been using since 1.5.4. I may or may not have created a new database since 2004! Probably though, these are new triggers since we've been in this house for far less than that.

Here is a questionable message that popped up when I attempted to delete a trigger. Why would two action groups, completely unrelated to the trigger I'm deleting be slated for deletion? Don't want this trigger to occur anymore.... it's not even paying attention to new conditions I've provided (Only after dark and between 12:30 and 7:30 am.) Damn light is always coming on! See the screen caps to see what I mean. "Delete triggers is undoable" message noting associated action groups will be deleted and the underlying trigger action for that trigger when edited. (Turn on a light). Suggestions? this is at least 10 year old and difficult to replicate Indigo file. :shock:

[MODERATOR NOTE: Removed screen capture since it contained registration code]

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm
howartp offline

Re: Upgrade Issue?

I’ve reported this post to the mods purely so they can remove your license key if they see it before you.

I suspect in those two actions (Goodnight and Porch actions off) you have a command to enable/disable this trigger.

If you double-click “Goodnight” in the dialog box that appeared, it will pull up the Edit box for that action group.

You’ll need to remove the enable/disable trigger action in those two actions.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think Peter is correct – inside the Action Group is probably an action that enables/disables that trigger.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 am
makedrinklas offline

Just getting back to this, thank you so much for the catch. That was stupid of me.

Second, I was confused why deleting a trigger would delete an action as well as they can exist independently. I'll take a closer look. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 1