Fresh install: High Sierra or El Capitan?

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:30 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: Fresh install: High Sierra or El Capitan?

durosity wrote:
Well logically it means you don’t download something that can’t run on your system. Or for use on a hackintosh ;)

Yes I get the point. My argument is that I got no issues with not making prior OS versions visible in the App store to deter casual installers. But I came directly from their support article so the check shouldn’t be enforced. To be honest this is probably just lack of clarity on the support article to say that the link will only work on eligible computers and an error message that’s not correct and should be more specific.

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 am
CliveS offline

Re: Fresh install: High Sierra or El Capitan?

Turribeach wrote:
Scrap that. The link was not working from a Windows 7 PC and my MacMini but I just tried it on my MacBook Pro and it worked. I think the link only works on “eligible” computers. Slimy Apple, what purpose does this stupid check has? Just to annoy customers!
. I just tried both links on my Mac Mini Server 2011 (from the. UK) and they both take me to the download page for Sierra. Any Aluminium (Aluminum) Mac Mini (2010-present) can run Sierra. The polycarbonate 2009 can only load Mac OS 10.11.x and below.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer