7.1 High Sierra

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:36 am
koburg offline

7.1 High Sierra

I am still on the Sierra 10.12.6

Can You please tell if we can upgrade to high Sierra now with Indigo 7.1?

on the download page there is written

Indigo requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or greater

I can not see any warnings about the High Sierra if it is still not supported.

so do this mean it is working ?

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: 7.1 High Sierra

Hello. Please take a look at the forums -- there have been several posts about USB troubles.

Matt and Jay recommend waiting.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:59 am
CliveS offline

Been there, done that and reverted back to Sierra 10.12.6, if you don't need to update then stay as you are.

I found no pluses with High Sierra and no plans to upgrade the other 2 MacBooks which will also stay on 10.12.6.

Unfortunately I cannot revert back to IOS 10 from IOS 11 on my iPhone 7 plus which locks up every time it updates an app and requires a reboot, no problems with IOS 10.

Apple have screwed up with the latest OS updates in my opinion.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:08 am
DaveL17 offline

CliveS wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot revert back to IOS 10 from IOS 11 on my iPhone 7 plus which locks up every time it updates an app and requires a reboot, no problems with IOS 10.

Hmmm. I did upgrade to iOS 11 and have had zero problems so far (iPhone 6S+).

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 am
CliveS offline

DaveL17 wrote:
CliveS wrote:

Hmmm. I did upgrade to iOS 11 and have had zero problems so far (iPhone 6S+).

The other half's iPhone 6 also works fine, think a clean install might be in order but the hassle involved puts me off.

Really not happy with Apple at present, managed to revert my iPad 2 back to IOS 8 as IOS 9.3 was so slow, could not download anything from the app store as I had to add a code to the password due to 2 Factor Authentication not available in IOS8, that downloads the app then says can't install, tried a new account and went to download Indigo Touch and was told it was not available for my iPad so back to IOS9.3 and now have it working but so slow!

Arrrrgh :cry:

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 am
7rdr7 offline

Well, I didn't follow Matt's warnings and upgraded to High Sierra and experience significant Aeotec Z-stick Gen 5 communications issues. After communicating with both Apple and Aeotec, I tried a couple of things, not sure which worked, or both. (or maybe none if it comes back)
- rebooted the Mac Pro with "Command R", and repaired the system drive. (Apple)
- configured the Mac Pro to NOT sleep ever. (Aeotec)
Indigo/Z-stick appear to be working fine now. Went from multiple failures per day to clean for the past 48hrs.
As a side note, Bensoftware/SecuritySpy appear to be having an issue with the sleep function as well. Which I can see via my SecuritySpy plugin on Indigo 7, and is discussed on there forum.

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great info – maybe the Repair on reboot step will help others. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 am
DaveL17 offline

I have also noticed with past OS upgrades, that Apple does not respect sleep settings and I have to reset them each time. Just like iOS where, with every update, I have to re-enable personal hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm
koburg offline

7rdr7 wrote:
Well, I didn't follow Matt's warnings and upgraded to High Sierra and experience significant Aeotec Z-stick Gen 5 communications issues. After communicating with both Apple and Aeotec, I tried a couple of things, not sure which worked, or both. (or maybe none if it comes back)
- rebooted the Mac Pro with "Command R", and repaired the system drive. (Apple)
- configured the Mac Pro to NOT sleep ever. (Aeotec)
Indigo/Z-stick appear to be working fine now. Went from multiple failures per day to clean for the past 48hrs.
As a side note, Bensoftware/SecuritySpy appear to be having an issue with the sleep function as well. Which I can see via my SecuritySpy plugin on Indigo 7, and is discussed on there forum.

This is one of the reasons I made this post because if you have a system running maybe your not very often on the forums, and then the popup about new upgrade is avail. And on the download page there is no warning about not to upgrade to new os(x) version.

so you could easy think ok it is ready for the new os also.

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Well, it IS ready for the new OS. The new OS, however, has bugs unfortunately so we don't recommend it. We'll add a note to the download page pointing to our post about the problems.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 pm
DaveM offline

I've used Indigo for years and given my lack of tech knowledge and lingo you guys at Indigo have always been remarkably patient and helpful, so I again say thanks.
I'm on 10.12.6 using USB 2423U interface with a new iMac and Indigo 6 is still working fine with basic scheduling and groupings, etc.

Given my ancient set up, would waiting an upgrade or two beyond 10.13.1 High Sierra be wise or is this already now finally the fork in the road where I won't be able to continue firing my ancient X-10 units with Indigo 6?

dave m

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6 is no longer supported nor have we tested on OS releases past Sierra. Aside from the existing High Sierra issues which apparently haven't been resolved, I highly recommend that you not upgrade your OS until you upgrade Indigo. Indigo 6 might work with Sierra, but then again it might not and we won't be able to help you if it doesn't.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 pm
sarahcat offline

To the best of my knowledge, High Sierra is only at its first 'point release', i.e., 10.13.1. Since I haven't upgraded from 10.12.6, I honestly am not certain. I'm heeding the advice in not yet upgrading from Sierra, at this time. I can see from a comment today, November 17th, the USB3 support problem is still not resolved. I assume that is for MacOS 10.13.1. Has anyone heard about when Apple plans to upgrade to 10.13.2?

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm
sarahcat offline

There is no set release date; Apple doesn't work that way. The first beta was available October 31st. The last beta (beta 4) was released yesterday. There also isn't a set number of beta releases before they make it available. With it being beta 4, it is probably close to being released though.

I know they don't have set release dates, thus my question about a rumored date or at least a guess.

Now, there's another (sillier) reason not to upgrade to High Sierra:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/28/mac ... -password/

Thanks Matt and Jay! You gave me a good reason to wait to upgrade. I normally am a pretty prompt adopter of new MacOS releases, but that's probably not how I will proceed in the future.

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 pm
jon offline

I stumbled across a weird behavior -- has anybody noticed help URLs not working in High Sierra?

I've upgraded my dev laptop to High Sierra and noticed today that clicking on the question mark in any dialog opens a blank tab in Chrome instead of the support URL. I thought I screwed up my plugin for a while before I thought to check the built-ins. They're dead too.

On my main Indigo Server (10.12.6) all the support URLs work as expected.